Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess I'll inflate my post count and see if I can get closer to being able to post a few links...

I've been looking for something I can race in a stock class for the last 5 months. Basically a Grom, z125, TTR125 motard with skinny wheels, etc., but I also really wanted something that I could use on the rode to compliment my other motorcycles. Scoured Craigslist for months seeing all the overpriced used machines out there, contacted a few dealers that also had way overpriced used machines... Ended up with a good deal from my local dealer on a brand new 2018 in black. Nice place, no shipping or set up fees were charged, made it about $100 more than the cheapest used 2017 I could find (and it had 4000 miles on it). I've started ordering "stuff" to get it track prepped, sliders, rearsets, etc. Will need to figure out what I'm going to do with the rear fender thing at the track, looks like it comes off with 4 bolts, and hopefully there is room to put in a connector for the wires. Have to burn that bridge when I get there. Picking it up on Saturday. And yes I do have a picture, have to dig that out of my phone and put it in another post (helping to boost post count again).

Going to try and document all this stuff on my website, and on Youtube. Hopefully I'll be able to get a couple more posts and drop some links.

Also, currently I'm trying to race a KAYO MR125, haven't had enough time at the track to really make much progress. Hoping to current that this season as the local Kart track is getting paved and I can hopefully go about once a week to run both bikes. Until I can post links, you can find my site with a google for KAYO MR125 or similar, everything I've done to it is documented to help the next guy.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cold, wet, gray day... But now it is home and I have a bunch of parts to put on it. Just wish it was about 10 to 15 degrees warmer, we had a frost warning for last night.

Didn't shoot any video, kind of bums me out. Have to make sure I get some video before I start modifying it. Picture at the dealer after loading it up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts