Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats going on everyone! just picked up my little Z a few days ago. Really excited to start modding as i just sold my 2017 Grom, i already like my stock Z better then my modified Grom.

Only complaint is the brakes are terrible but have SS braided lines on order along with a few other goodies!

And a few pics of course needed to be added

looking forward to this forum and hopefully setting up a meet so we can all go ride lime creek road! Amazing little back road here in Austin

·
Registered
29 Posts
We have a 15 Grom, a 17 Z and a 17 Grom... they are all great but I like the Z best myself. :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
whats going on everyone! just picked up my little Z a few days ago. Really excited to start modding as i just sold my 2017 Grom, i already like my stock Z better then my modified Grom.

Only complaint is the brakes are terrible but have SS braided lines on order along with a few other goodies!

And a few pics of course needed to be added

looking forward to this forum and hopefully setting up a meet so we can all go ride lime creek road! Amazing little back road here in Austin
Welcome!!

I agree with the brakes!! I went with the brembo 4 Piston caliper setup. MASSIVE stopping power!

I strongly suggest getting a new seat too. The stocker was so uncomfortable, went with a bride flat seat and it's so much better. :nerd:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Never rode a Grom. Sat on one at a dealer's display, some years back...seemed it might or might not work.

All the buff websites seem to think the Z125 is the winner of the two. I for one like the sturdy rear suspension...as I'm 250 pounds, I appreciate the good springing and that I never bottome it out.

That said...I don't know how the Grom is built; but in my stable (for sale, now) is a PCX 125...which in its own way is fun, too. Riding position is a little better; but the scooter drive is mushy.

Suspension bottoms out. But what comes to mind, is the innovative starter system Honda used on that model. The stator is also the starter. Does the Grom do that, also?

Because it's obviously a LOT easier, mechanically, than the mechanical engaging of the starter. Which of course you need to use a bit with the Z, as stalling at startup is always a possibility.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Where did you get this set up??

I've been looking at the brembro kit hard racing sells along with the ss lines should make plenty of stopping power!

Then doing the kitaco high compression piston and cam with intake tune and we'll see on what exhaust
Between the brocks and two brothers comp s right now... choices choices

1 - 9 of 9 Posts