Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed I never posted in here. Just about a month on the Z and I am almost ready for the first maintenance at 600 miles. After that all the real fun begins. Plans for PCV with auto tune, Chimera intake, competition werkes exhaust first. Then ignition and spark plug with the lithium battery. Over the winter I will be doing lightened primary, heavy 5 disc clutch, lighten gears and chain kit, brake lines discs and pads, YSS rear shock and something about the front forks can't decide if I want drop ins or just add heavy oil and pre load.
Somewhere down the line I see a 143 kit but that's probably after the warranty is up.

I have had a Suzuki katana 600, and a gsx-r 750 that I wreaked pretty bad and after 2 years of recovery I am getting back in the game with my Z125.
So far just the mirrors, levers, fender elimination kit, ram mount and USB power outlet on the battery tender line, led headlight, led marker and led tail light are on the bike I have blacked out pegs and red silicone lines for the breather and overflow lines and led signal bulbs I will get on it this weekend. Just realized I need new pictures LOL.

Attachments

Reactions: Fox Fader

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the fold. Enjoy modding your Z!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I haven’t even broke 80 miles on my z and I have already been doing a little work. I cut the airbox lid on half today for an intake mod. Maybe I should have been like you and waited 😬 oh well too late now! 👊🏻✊🏻✊🏻✊🏻

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome man, I'm in CT, fellow New Englander.

What kind of mirrors are those, I like them!
LeaningTech 7/8" Motorcycle CNC Billet Aluminum 22 Handlebar Bar End Mount Glare Rearview Sports Side Mirrors Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JRR9JIA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

They faded to a brown after a few weeks so I have them off to try and paint them now, it seemed like cheaply anodized aluminum parts faded while the painted parts held up.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Dude... bummer about the color change that must have pissed you off. Appreciate the info. Most important part of any paint job is the prep... hope it orks out for you. Make sure they're completely clean before spraying.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts