Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, first time rider here. Just picked up 2021 z125 black. Never ridden a motorized bike in my life and this is probably the most manageable bike to learn on I hear.

The reason I bought it is because I had a loss, I owned a 2017 Dodge Charger Scatpack and it defined what “fun to drive” really meant. The car was a blast to drive, sounded amazing even stock, stood out among the crowed, hit 140mph and still wanted to go. Long story short, got into a fender bender and my insurance totaled it… no one wants to do work anymore to save things. Got a nice payday for it, then bought a new Mazda 6 signature almost outright. It’s nice and the interior is gorgious however, it’s just a car. Not like driving a scatpack.

Fast forward to now, I have a void to fill. A fun void to fill. I needed something. I have no interest in becoming a motorcycle person and step up to big boy bikes. (I say this now) I just want to have fun again when driving and I think these things are the ticket.

I’ve seen that Stabil is the fuel treatment of choice when winterizing. With just learning how to ride and how often I work, I could go a week or two without riding it. Would it be beneficial to adding some stabil in the tank when riding at that frequency? Would it hurt it? The dealer I bought the bike from said add just a cap full for the winter and I’d be set. I look forward to playing with this thing and modding it as well!

·
Registered
18 Posts
[QUOTE="Oneilln, post: 138835, member: 16327" I’ve seen that Stabil is the fuel treatment of choice when winterizing. With just learning how to ride and how often I work, I could go a week or two without riding it. Would it be beneficial to adding some stabil in the tank when riding at that frequency? Would it hurt it? The dealer I bought the bike from said add just a cap full for the winter and I’d be set. I look forward to playing with this thing and modding it as well!
[/QUOTE]

Follow your dealer's advice.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your dealer totaled a $35K car from a fender-bender?

With the bike, you don’t need Sta-Bil if the bike is only going a few weeks between rides. If you’re storing the bike for several months, then I’d use it to stabilize the fuel. This is important, especially with ethanol blended fuels. Also, when storing, make sure you keep the tank full to prevent condensation from forming inside the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts