Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought new, noticed chain was extremely loose around 550 miles. got it tightened at shop A. noticed it was extremely loose again at 800 miles. Brought it to shop B.

Shop B tells me shop A did it wrong because they didn't align the marks, (one is slightly forward then the other) and that the tire is misaligned. Shop B says they come stamped at the factory and aren't always accurate and the factory sets the initial alignment based on string or alignment tools and its fine that the two sides are different.

I don't know who to believe. I shouldn't have to retighten the chain within 250 miles right? Something has to be wrong.

In addition there is this weird grumbling noise that occurs, usually after the bike has been rode for a while, happens when decellerating and around 5-3k RPM. Doesn't change pitch with rpms and happens in every gear although is more pronounced in lower gears. Also happens if i'm going over bricks or the rear wheel is hitting bumps etc.

Also it seems as though the bike has gotten louder and more vibration is happening than compared to when I got it new. maybe in my head but I'm just throwing it out there.

I just cleaned and lubed my chain today at 800 miles and just going to the shop and back there is now a ton of red dust/red grease around the chain and front sprocket/sprocket cover.

Help, I don't know what's going on. I don't want to pay for another chain adjustment, somethings not right here. I don't wheelie the bike or anything, shouldn't be this much wear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just checking, does everyone's exhaust where it meets the engine look like this with this cutout?

http://imgur.com/a/wgcXL

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the exhaust is supposed to look like that, it just has rough casting.

The noise I think is coming from the seat back, as it's more apparent when I move up on the seat. I rerouted some wiring I did for the LED turn signals as it seemed it was sitting on the wires and hopefully that fixes it.

The chain got re tightened and the shop thought it was weird but said if I wanted them to look at it they had to charge 1 hour minimum or something and then if they found something its up to the warranty claim for what they would cover.

how often are you guys tightening your chains? I'm hoping its just breaking in and will slow down after 1000 miles.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 200 miles on mine and it has stretched a lot. I have adjusted it twice but that's normal for The factory chains. I have a RK420 gold going on when i get time with 5,100 tensil strength. Don't trust those factory marks either. Mine are off a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts