Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
EOM size, with ceramic bearings. Now I still have to wait for the new lightweight set of tires from Pirelli.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got mines too bro..... got it mounted on bike already
Awesome! Please share what you feel when riding on new shoes! Mine is going to take a while to be ready, she is under construction in Austin-TX right now, and the builder schedule is looong!

Enjoy!
LP

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking forward to ride reports...

Anybody weigh them???
Yes, at the scale with ceramic bearings its shows 4.02 lbs for the front one, OEM size.

I am still waiting for the rear tire to arrive, and haven't opened the rear wheel package just yet. I will put it on the scale as soon as I open the box.

Cheers!
LP

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love the look of those but aren't they like $1500? At half the cost of the bike it's certainly a stretch but... Also did you notice any improvement with the ceramic bearings? I've been thinking those are my next upgrade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got any pics with the wheels on the bike?

Also, do you run a different rear sprocket?

I bet chain adjustment is even easier with lighter wheels, i'm guessing a weight savings of about 35-40%

·
Registered
895 Posts
Hey freemund,

I don't think these guys are active anymore. There are two active members off the top of my head that I can think of that would be able to answer your questions.
@jwiseman Has a great overall bike pic on his Intro Thread

Similarly @colticus has pics and discussion on his latest build thread

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got any pics with the wheels on the bike?

Also, do you run a different rear sprocket?

I bet chain adjustment is even easier with lighter wheels, i'm guessing a weight savings of about 35-40%
Here are some pix of mine. Wheels are beautiful. Real works of art, and a huge improvement in overall handling, acceleration, and braking due to the huge savings in rotational mass.

I run stock gearing in the back and a 15T front. Best for my overall set up with engine mods, roads, weight, and riding style.

Never thought about chain adjustment being easier, but I run an accessory swingarm with integral adjusters anyway.

Im very happy with them, but I should be - they are extremely expensive...

JW

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts