Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts
Can't wait till I order mine in a few weeks. Quick question though, will I need a fuel controller for just the intake? I won't have the money to put an exhaust on probably until next year but would like to pick up some power. Basically I just want to make sure that I won't tear anything if I run it for a couple months until it goes away for winter storage.

This is a good question. I am guessing that the stock fueling will be too lean once adding Mtake ( with or w/o exhaust ) thus requiring you to get the bazzaz Z-fi or the PCV. But as I said, that is a guess.

It would be sweet if someone could answer for certain if you could safely get away with the Mtake only. Keeping stock/factory exhaust and fuel delivery while not damaging the engine.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Many have / will run just an intake, or just an exhaust without a tuner, and will see gains, if minimal. If you do both, you're pushing the limit of what the bike will want. The Bazzaz, allows you to see the full potential of any aftermarket product, and it's those complete combos that make REALLY impressive power.

Just installed my MTake. No Fuel controller or Exhaust yet. The results? It's a lot louder, lost about 4 mph off the top end but gained some in mid-range power. The Z125 will now run 57 mph consistently, even on uphill grades. Tops out at about 60 mph now. Even with losing top end speed, I'm happy.

So, which next, Bazazz or an exhaust?

Discussion starter · #29 ·
Just installed my MTake. No Fuel controller or Exhaust yet. The results? It's a lot louder, lost about 4 mph off the top end but gained some in mid-range power. The Z125 will now run 57 mph consistently, even on uphill grades. Tops out at about 60 mph now. Even with losing top end speed, I'm happy.

So, which next, Bazazz or an exhaust?
Bazzaz next for sure. Your top speed loss isn't an effect of the Mtake, it's an effect of being lean, which will only be made worse w/ an exhaust and no tuner. Add the Bazzaz, and you'll gain your 4mph back, plus a few extras...

^^listen to this man. I've got a full setup( intake, full exhaust and Bazzaz) and the FC is what took the chains off and really opened things up. Get a Bazzaz! Now let's see those Maps!! J/k. I know y'all are hard at work. I'm just impatient.

Just installed mine. It's a great looking piece and install was very simple. Great service from MNNTHBX and a great product. Installed the Mtake with a Yoshi pipe and a bazzaz tuner. It made a huge difference in the bikes performance. I'm very satisfied.

I'm saving my pennies, going to wait until I can get the Bazzaz with a preloaded map from MNNTHBX, and purchase that along with the Mtake (with shroud brackets) and Yosh exhaust. Looking forward to it. Although, I won't be able to use it in the stock 100 class at minigp, lol. F1 class it is! At least I think not. Whatever!!

OMG, that carbon fiber shroud brace is awesome! And I'm glad you're offering a little filter for the crankcase breather hose! That other cover, that just goes over the filter that comes with your Mtake to keep water out?

Woooooohooooo, looks amazing, and I'll bet it gives good gains. Gotta save, so it may be a winter project, but looking forward to getting the Yosh pipe, Mtake, Bazzaz with your map for the 2 aforementioned pieces, and the shroud.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Our initial production run was two stage, an initial smaller run, being followed by an enormous volume. These were immensely popular, and sold out instantly. We've fielded A LOT of when can I order emails, so we've opened them up on our site for pre-order, w/ expected delivery in roughly three weeks.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.