Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have owned my Z for a almost 3 weeks. I have around 215 miles on it. The first time the dealer filled it up. I got 75 miles on the bike before it was on the last bar and flashing. I was like WTF.

So I filled it to the top and it took around 1.3 gallons. Drove it again till it was flashing with one bar. I got 135 mile on it that time. Filled up and it took 1.345 gallons.

So now I am staring my 3rd tank. Hoping it continues to improve. With my last results would a good guess be that I probably would have gotten close to 180 on a full tank. I am thinking i could have maybe gone another 50 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
107 miles and took 1.03 gallons to fill up. That's my first tank and I rode it 40 miles home from the shop, at high rpms. No break in.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
With some fuel-ignition tweaking via the Hoedar got 109mpg on latest tank today.

·
Super Moderator
1,848 Posts
Wow ...... 80-100 MPG's

Had no idea they would go that far per gal' had to go out and see if i had the bars your talking about , bought used with 1.100 mi , no Manuel .. didnt even know it had a gas gage yet ? then again haven't even looked down at the panel that close yet except to see the speed-o .:nerd:...only 1 day in :grin2:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
110 mpg...breaking in a 12.5:1 cr piston. Be sure and hone the cyl prior to install...

·
Registered
39 Posts
sadly i have not been riding it much yet, but my first fill up so far (wasn't empty but wanted to top it off) i had 110miles and it took .93 gallons. so roughly 118mpg

41 - 54 of 54 Posts