Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Same here

How does it run being pegged for a long time? I take a couple 55mph roads to work and was wondering how it would handle it.
28 mile round trip to work, doin 55 plus the whole way.
A good 1700 total highway miles on my z.

After about 115 miles it took 1.7 gallons to fill up

·
Registered
347 Posts
did first mpg test with my big bore

calculates out to 73.08 mpg

thats a little less then my other posts which was 85-88 mpg on stock engine size

·
Registered
71 Posts
How does it run being pegged for a long time? I take a couple 55mph roads to work and was wondering how it would handle it.
I've rode 170 miles with it pretty much pegged the whole day with no issues. There was actually another Z125 with me, no issues with it either. Tip: Try to stay close behind a pick-up truck, SUV or semi when on 55 mph roads. The drafting effect will allow you to consistently keep the bike above 60 mph.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been getting about 100-150 between fill ups (which I do at 1/3 tank). Actual mpg varies depending if my boyfriend and I are riding two up, I'm taking on the streets for work, or my boyfriend is racing through the canyons. I'll probably track actual MPG numbers once the bike is fully broken in. I've got some smoothing out to do in my riding. Just under 600 miles now so I anticipate we'll be broken in before the end of the month.

·
Registered
122 Posts
i did 220 miles on a full tank during break in, not really exceeding 4-5k RPM. With an exhaust and no fuel controller I see about 70-80 on my commute which is mostly 40-60mph.

·
Registered
18 Posts
50km round trip, daily commute, lots of big hills, 107kg rider.

103mpg. Pretty happy!

Much better than the 15mpg I used to get on the same trip in my old 180sx. (50% faster too!!)

·
Registered
38 Posts
last 3 fill ups have been:

102, 93, 104 MPG filling up 1.2, 0.9, 1.3 gals so a good sample size.

Really surprised, thought I'd be getting 70-80.

Making my 40mpg figure on my car look like a gas guzzler!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I just hit 400 miles (sticking as close to factory break in recommendations as I can), and I have gotten 103ish MPG on each fill up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My first fill up, I averaged a disappointing 60.6 MPG and haven't even been getting into it much, I've been short shifting around 7,000 RPM with occasional runs up to 9,000 RPM. Given, I'm 6'3 and 260 lbs, I wasn't expecting 130 MPG but was expecting to get better MPG than I get on my WR250R.

Also, the fastest indicated speed I have ever seen on this bike was 57 MPH, which was downhill with a 15 MPH tail wind.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My first fill up, I averaged a disappointing 60.6 MPG and haven't even been getting into it much, I've been short shifting around 7,000 RPM with occasional runs up to 9,000 RPM. Given, I'm 6'3 and 260 lbs, I wasn't expecting 130 MPG but was expecting to get better MPG than I get on my WR250R.

Also, the fastest indicated speed I have ever seen on this bike was 57 MPH, which was downhill with a 15 MPH tail wind.
I'm doing hard break-in on mine and oil change soon. My first tank at one bar left I filled up. Only put 103 miles on it at that point. On my second tank now with 177 miles and only used one bar so far. I ride around in your rev range most times just keeping up with traffic or on the hills

21 - 40 of 54 Posts