Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - new to the forum, but been on the FB group for a bit. I designed a new oil cooler bracket for the Morin piece, which mounts to the frame instead of the head. It also provides a fairing support for those of us with an aftermarket intake.

I've checked air pressures in front of/behind the cooler in this location to confirm a differential. So airflow should not be a problem. Once I actually connect the cooler, I can run thermal imaging... but this might be a week or so before I get around to it.

If anyone is interested in one or has questions, let me know. I have a couple left over, and I may consider making another batch if there is interest. I'm not a store/part manufacturer, just a Z owner who made some parts for the community.

Note: Will not fit if you have another fairing brace, or the stock airbox. This bracket uses the stock mounting hardware from the OEM airbox (bolts + rubber grommets for the fairing pins). It comes from me as bare aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had one that fit the stock intake, I might be interested. Still not sure I'm going to mod the engine on mine.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately with the stock airbox installed, there's not much space there. I'd have to look into a different location, and the number of people that run the stock box + oil cooler is probably quite limited.

·
Registered
164 Posts
A friend just recently installed on of you brackets on his bike, super nice looking, fit perfect!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
380 Posts
Very nice. Something about well thought out and well built niche parts that just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason?

I've been ogling those oil coolers for some time now but it's kind of superficial for a place that never gets over 85deg F. I kinda want one now more than ever.
Really nice. (y)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone - new to the forum, but been on the FB group for a bit. I designed a new oil cooler bracket for the Morin piece, which mounts to the frame instead of the head. It also provides a fairing support for those of us with an aftermarket intake.

I've checked air pressures in front of/behind the cooler in this location to confirm a differential. So airflow should not be a problem. Once I actually connect the cooler, I can run thermal imaging... but this might be a week or so before I get around to it.

If anyone is interested in one or has questions, let me know. I have a couple left over, and I may consider making another batch if there is interest. I'm not a store/part manufacturer, just a Z owner who made some parts for the community.

Note: Will not fit if you have another fairing brace, or the stock airbox. This bracket uses the stock mounting hardware from the OEM airbox (bolts + rubber grommets for the fairing pins). It comes from me as bare aluminum.
Im interested!?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have this morin cooler coming in the mail. I have already deleted my air box and use a chimera intake. I would love to either make or buy one of your brackets. If you care to share the techniques you used to make the bracket or even a set of plans or if you still have an extra one I would love to buy it.

from what I can tell.....

Its looks like a single piece of aluminum likely folded on a small brake. Wondering specifically what thickness the sheet you used was and what grade alloy? I’m imagining 3000ish series aluminum. I’m going to try pick up a few different sheets today. I’m going to try out a couple cardboard templates first but it would be a big help if you had something you could share.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I used 3mm 5052 Aluminum. 3mm was chosen to accommodate the rubber bushings for the fairing mounts. (same thickness as the airbox mount points) I had use emachine shop to make them for me. I do have a drawing for them, but it's not complete. The flat dimensions are right, but I had to modify some bends by hand to get the fairing mounts in the right location. (I only made one batch, so never corrected the drawing for a 2nd order.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes. Sorry been crazy busy at work. We did another run of 10 to actually get a cost per unit. So they are all bent up and have to go into powdercoating. But ill find out a price and get back to you. Thank you -Sean

1 - 17 of 17 Posts