Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - new to the forum, but been on the FB group for a bit. I designed a new oil cooler bracket for the Morin piece, which mounts to the frame instead of the head. It also provides a fairing support for those of us with an aftermarket intake.

I've checked air pressures in front of/behind the cooler in this location to confirm a differential. So airflow should not be a problem. Once I actually connect the cooler, I can run thermal imaging... but this might be a week or so before I get around to it.

If anyone is interested in one or has questions, let me know. I have a couple left over, and I may consider making another batch if there is interest. I'm not a store/part manufacturer, just a Z owner who made some parts for the community.

Note: Will not fit if you have another fairing brace, or the stock airbox. This bracket uses the stock mounting hardware from the OEM airbox (bolts + rubber grommets for the fairing pins). It comes from me as bare aluminum.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you had one that fit the stock intake, I might be interested. Still not sure I'm going to mod the engine on mine.
Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately with the stock airbox installed, there's not much space there. I'd have to look into a different location, and the number of people that run the stock box + oil cooler is probably quite limited.

·
Registered
131 Posts
A friend just recently installed on of you brackets on his bike, super nice looking, fit perfect!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
Very nice. Something about well thought out and well built niche parts that just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside for some reason?

I've been ogling those oil coolers for some time now but it's kind of superficial for a place that never gets over 85deg F. I kinda want one now more than ever.
Really nice. (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone - new to the forum, but been on the FB group for a bit. I designed a new oil cooler bracket for the Morin piece, which mounts to the frame instead of the head. It also provides a fairing support for those of us with an aftermarket intake.

I've checked air pressures in front of/behind the cooler in this location to confirm a differential. So airflow should not be a problem. Once I actually connect the cooler, I can run thermal imaging... but this might be a week or so before I get around to it.

If anyone is interested in one or has questions, let me know. I have a couple left over, and I may consider making another batch if there is interest. I'm not a store/part manufacturer, just a Z owner who made some parts for the community.

Note: Will not fit if you have another fairing brace, or the stock airbox. This bracket uses the stock mounting hardware from the OEM airbox (bolts + rubber grommets for the fairing pins). It comes from me as bare aluminum.
Im interested!?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts