Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some interesting information about the rear shock recall that gives a detailed chronological accounting of the issue leading up to the resolution now implemented in all current production model Zs built on and after 07/09/16.

Note that a 'pink' mark painted on the rear shock will help owners differentiate the newly re-engineered factory replacement rear shock with the flawed factory original rear shock.

Part 573 Safety Recall Report 16V-535

·
Registered
27 Posts
Shows up on mykawisaki page.

Reactions: homepc2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the detailed recall update. Is there a way to check online if your Z125 is on the recall list?
click my Kawasaki at the top of the page and enter your vin#.

Reactions: homepc2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the detailed recall update. Is there a way to check online if your Z125 is on the recall list?
Yes, as others have already kindly indicated here, you can surf over to Kawasaki's site and then click on Owner Center -> Owner Support -> Recalls. From the Recalls page, you can enter your Z's VIN and it will bring up more information about the safety recall.

Kawasaki Owner Support Recall Search

Recall Date:07/12/2016

Remedy: Your Kawasaki dealer will repair your motorcycle at no charge. The repair consists of replacing the rear shock absorber. The actual repair will take up to 30 minutes but may take longer due to scheduling at the dealership and the time needed to obtain required parts. Please call your Kawasaki dealer to schedule an appointment.

Risk: On eligible units, oil can leak from the rear shock absorber due to improper seal lubrication during the manufacturing process. Under certain circumstances this could lead to an unsafe riding condition.

NHTSA Recall #: 16V535

Kawasaki Recall #: MC16-04

Consumer Contact:For more information, contact your authorized Kawasaki dealer or call Kawasaki toll-free at 866-802-9381 between 8:00am and 5:00pm PT, Monday through Friday.

·
Registered
66 Posts
My part is on order for one bike. Dealer wouldn't let me take delivery of my 2nd Z until it's complete. They ordered part for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts