Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and have a question.
What is the limit with modification using the stock ecu and no fuel controller?
None, air filter only, exhaust only?

I had big plans but after this Hoedar ecu let down (i posted in electronics) i will not be changing out the stock ecu or piggy backing anything on to it.
I have a Otb intake, Hindle exhaust, ssp-g 138cc kit and kataco cam here for the bike and would like to know if i am safe using any of them or if they all need to be returned?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can get by with intake & exhaust. Once you get into BBK's, you need the controller for sure.
Thanks, I really want to try just the Otb prototypes green filter and the Hindle without a controller but I literally live AT sea level on the island and I am a bit concerned about doing so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have decided to try and get all the uphill ability i can out of the bike without asking too much of the stock ecu. My goal is to get my 175lbs over the hills on this island at a genuine 50 mph.

I ordered some parts today and i have some parts here to start the process:
1) driven handlebars, to help get me out of the wind
2) otb intake with the green (more restrictive ) filter
3) Hindle exhaust with db killer ( i think this intake / exhaust combo should be less alarming to the ecu than some other combinations.)
4) lightened primary gear
5) 32 tooth aluminum rear sprocket / stock front (minor change but should offer a tad more ability to maintain rpm)
6) start eating lettuce wraps for dinner.

If anybody has a suggestion i can add to the list i am all ears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts