Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Obviously, you're free to spend you money how and where you see fit, but just sharing what we see so often. The Grom is a great example. New bike releases, and in a sheer panic, everyone rushes out to buy all kinds of bits, though they can only find import eBay junk, and think that's all being offered. Good things come to those that wait. We're working around the clock, about to release a variety of quality refined components with form and function, and I know we're not the only company doing that. You'll begin to see our stuff in roughly a week, but mark my words, in 6-8 weeks, you'll see all kinds of quality options from USA based shops supporting this bike. Time and time again, I saw desperate Grom owners buy import junk, made of cheap materials and poor anodize, hardware, etc., only to replace it two months later with quality parts in a volume of options they never thought they'd see. I promise the same will happen with the Z. If you choose to support MNNTHBX, great. If not, I hope you choose another USA vendor, because superior parts are coming....

·
Registered
90 Posts
This is very true - hence why I'm only modifying at a basic level at this stage. Protapers are generic but good quality, got some nice looking universal bar end mirrors and spending the money doing a nice custom system. Going to spend heavy for a good tail light and maybe a high level tail tidy.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I agree with this 100%. Don't cheap out and just buy everything because of the cost. Know your products and support reputable companies. Just because someones selling a product that looks similar for 1/2 the price on eBay, you gotta double-think yourself and ask why. R&D differences, quality control, material, etc.
Avoid buying the wrong part 5 times and buy the right one once.

·
Registered
9 Posts
MNNTHBX does make quality stuff, no doubt.

Just wanted to offer another viewpoint on imported goods, and why people think overseas stuff is junk. It's not, your iphone was made in china and so is most of everything you use/buy. I'm not saying that there isn't junk out there being made overseas, but that's a company quality control problem, not the fact it's made in china. If the company who manufactures in china, sets high standards, then the products come out top notch quality. I would rather base my decision upon seeing the products and how they are made first before casting judgement. A product in the USA is likely to be just as crappy, so I follow brands instead of the Made from sticker.

This is not an attack on Greg, like I said, his products are really good. Just offering another perspective on imported goods because the way the world is moving, most of everything will be imported. Then what, everyone will stop buying stuff? no more quality goods? I don't think so.

·
Vendor
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True, but from (our own) personal experience, the majority of motorcycle part (not phones) are sub par machine work, subpar anodize, the beaten half to death by the time they arrive because they're poorly package. That's not always the case, but it is the norm... Each of you is free to spend your hard earned money as you see fit, just don't expect greatness at 50% off. I can say this as fact and not opinion.... You get a part from us, it will be perfect, and packed well enough to be air dropped into your yard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Majority of motorcycles are from overseas, so does that make it crap? No because the companies that make the product set high standards. KTM is made in India, Honda Groms from Thailand...home of "subpar" quality. (can't confirm, but pretty sure z125 also made in Thailand.) So I still don't understand the ideology you hold, other than your own isolated experience, but to each their own.

G-craft, OVER, Kitaco, Takegawa, Sex Machine Racing, Racing Bros...all over seas, all top notch stuff. Like I said, follow brands, not the made from sticker.

Just to reiterate, this is not an attack on your products, your products are well made. Just stating that the general public should keep an open mind until they can decide which companies can make great products. Great doesn't mean expensive, great means great. That's all I have to say. Everyone enjoy their weekend!

·
Vendor
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You've put way to much thought into this. The point of my original post, is that quality parts are coming in volumes not yet seen. You are correct, in that some manufacturers make good stuff, but they're not the majority. I've seen it for decades, and from being in the industry. It's just fact. Spend where and how you see fit. In no way am I telling you how to spend your money. In no way am I telling you how to spend your money. I'll control the only thing I can, and that's the top shelf standards we've set for our own products and service..

·
Registered
466 Posts
What I got from this is to be careful and not randomly buy mods from places like Ebay. Just do a bit of research beforehand and get some parts from reliable sources instead of going the cheap route.

This is why we join forums like these, so new and experienced riders can become better informed and in my case, not rush into a panic buy for some Z125 parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I stand with Greg . Not because we're neighbors , but because I've ridden all my life and been in the industry for 17 years. Are you gonna hit a home run every once in a while? Sure, but there's a reason we don't deal with Lockhart Phillips any more. All those poor cbr's we butchered in the 90's just to "mod" it. Trading less quality colored junk for our stock stuff. There is no way around you get what you pay for..

·
Registered
143 Posts
Totally agree. One good example is the Chinese ebay knock off levers. Many stories of them not releasing the brakes fully due to poor machining, leading to brake lock up.
I'll stick with the known brands. ASV, Pazzo, CRG.

·
Registered
64 Posts
in my experience you get better customer service with a US based company so I plan to wait. Just personal preference though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts