Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I added a hindle exhaust and bazzaz to my Z...since I had to get the airbox off to make the bazzaz install easier I went ahead and tried to make my own airbox mod while I waited for my Mtake to come in the mail just to see what the difference was. It's just a little silicone pipe they sell right? Similar in length to the stock hose intake I made. So I removed the black corrugated hose from the airbox then zip tied the stock air filter to the end and made a makeshift cold air intake. Got the bazzaz installed and tested it out. The bike flat out ran like garbage. No top end power. I get the Mtake in the mail today and install it...man oh man what a difference it made. When mnnthbx says they tuned the tube length they meant it. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm glad I spent the money on the Mtake because it flat out works. Solid bolt on power just as advertised. The difference between the Mtake and the airbox mod is night and day. Keep up the awesome work guys!

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'm glad that is working out for you! I did my own intake mod and couldn't be happier with the performance gains. I just purchased a k&n filter and stuck it on the oem hose inside the oem box, then drilled a 2" hole on the airbox cover on the opposite side of the intake for the air to enter the box. about $25 for the filter and a little American Inginuity and I was on my way, and didn't have to worry about bracing the fairing or buying a rain sock. I will say I appreciate the Mnnthbx attention to detail and the bracket they produced looks second to none!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had mnnthbx upload a map for my bazzaz tuned for the Mtake and full exhaust so that may have something to do with it running a bit ratty with the airbox mod. The airbox mod and Mtake are fairly similar in size but I'm guessing the length and taper of the tube have a great effect on power delivery.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts