Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a Z, but cool enough to share... Kawi wanted us to showcase their new KLX140G, so we built this little missile. It's the ultimate play bike, and thanks to great industry support, sports a lot of moto goodness. Come check it out at the Crawl!

Engines Only 160 big bore and carb
Ohlins front fork
MNNTHBX custom triple clamp w/ Z125 bar mount
Ohlins YZ85 shock w/ modified foot
Yoshimura built prototype exhaust
Dubya wheels
Conti motard tires
IMS pegs
TM Designworks chain guide
Renthal RC high bars
Cycra hand guards
Renthal sprockets
DID chain
OTM custom cam cover
Jettrim custom seat
ASV levers
KX250 Talon hubs
Galfer oversized rotors on MNNTHBX custom mounts
Galfer braided stainless brake lines
MNNTHBX custom sliders
Decalwerks graphics
Matrix stand
Moto-D tire warmers

·
Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a few more. Kawasaki will be displaying the bike at the Indy and Atlanta supercross races if you happen to attend...

·
Registered
326 Posts
As soon as I lift McGov's wallet after sneaking some Jack into his cereal I will forward the credit card number so you can begin version 2.0....

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been looking at options for front forks for my Z125 and thinking about taking it a step further then the Ohlins kit. Do you think the forks that you used on this KLX140G build would work on the Z125? Thanks!

·
Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have been looking at options for front forks for my Z125 and thinking about taking it a step further then the Ohlins kit. Do you think the forks that you used on this KLX140G build would work on the Z125? Thanks!
You don't want to go down that road... You'd need to buy the forks, machine a one-off triple clamp for the Z, and all wheel spacers and brake carriers. Once you had it complete and tuned to your tastes, you'd be looking somewhere around $5k. It would be 20% better than the drop in kit, at 20X the cost.

·
Vendor
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you for the honest feedback! ?
Maybe someone will come out with a cartridge kit for it.
Have you ridden a Z with Ohlins drop-ins? It's honestly going to be really hard to beat for anything even close to the price. We use and sell a ton of them, and have never received anything but praise....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Have you ridden a Z with Ohlins drop-ins? It's honestly going to be really hard to beat for anything even close to the price. We use and sell a ton of them, and have never received anything but praise....
+1.

I have ZERO complaints with my Ohlins full suspension.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts