Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any comments about either of these? What are the advantages or disadvantages of both? Which one would you recommend? Any insight would be appreciated...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MNNTHBX Chain Adjusters for Kawasaki Z125 ?

If yes those take the stock adjusters and just replace the backing plate it looks like. I still use the stock ones so i cant comment other than the kawi cheap adjusters are frustrating to use.
The MNNTHBX plate also looks like they don't require a additional locknuts? Not sure though but video seems to suggest that only a single adjustment nut is necessary on either side... don't know how well that would maintain chain tension. The OTB adjusters look more robust but heftier pricetag to boot.

·
Vendor
746 Posts
We sell both in nearly equal volumes. Both are captured, and don't fall out while doing work on the bike. The OTB benefit is you can add spools. The MNNTHBX benefit is they're far cheaper, and far lighter. Both function well, and clean the bike up.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We sell both in nearly equal volumes. Both are captured, and don't fall out while doing work on the bike. The OTB benefit is you can add spools. The MNNTHBX benefit is they're far cheaper, and far lighter. Both function well, and clean the bike up.
Thanks for the heads-up. I might pick up both to try out then sell the ones I don't end up using.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the OTB, thought I wanted spools which I have now but in retrospect would have been happier with the MNNTHBX version. Have been using a Pit Bull rear stand made for dirtbikes on the Z125 and works great. Either are a good choice, capturing the chain adjuster is the biggest help. Offset the extra weight of the OTB adjuster with Ti axles:cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I purchased the OTB v.2 chain adjusters a few years ago and I don't think the MNNTHBX ones were available at that time or at least I don't recall seeing them. What a night/day difference as to how much better they work than the stock (junk) adjusters.

That being said, the OTB are great quality as I'm sure the MNNTHBX ones are. Also, while I do like having the spools for the rear stand, if the MNNTHBX ones were available when I bought mine, I most likely would've purchased those due to preferring lighter weight over having spools. Both brands of adjusters seem to be successful for achieving the intended function.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, I went ahead and ordered the MNNTHBX Chain Adjusters. I may buy the OTB Chain Adjusters later but I decided on the MNNTHBX units because I may end up going with their stretch blocks later and didn't want to spend too much money on something that is already incorporated into that unit's design.

I'll update this thread with how well they work once I get them installed and have lived with them for a while.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts