Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
unfortunately word has it that Kawasaki is not interested in selling the Z125 in Europe... which is a real shame considering Honda has already sold over 1700 Groms in the UK...

its popular and people want it... FFS Kawak...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Can you think of a reason why not? Do they have a low displacement full size bike that they think would be cannibalized? Or maybe something else in a similar vein.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Apparently it does not meet European standards. This what was I got from poorly translated french moto sites.
Not quite sure which standards those are.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently it does not meet European standards. This what was I got from poorly translated french moto sites.
Not quite sure which standards those are.
same standards that the GROM is held to... it doesn't make much sense if you ask me... unless they're going to do Ninja 125 ;)

·
Registered
96 Posts
same standards that the GROM is held to... it doesn't make much sense if you ask me... unless they're going to do Ninja 125 ;)
I figure they must have another product (Ninja 125) that they are planning on, and that is why they have decided against the Z125 in Europe.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OR, they don't have cheap enough ABS... ABS will be standard in europe from January 2016...

·
Registered
466 Posts
^ That could be it. Odd that they wouldn't come out with a more expensive model with ABS for Europe. Is it not big enough of a market?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ That could be it. Odd that they wouldn't come out with a more expensive model with ABS for Europe. Is it not big enough of a market?
Adding ABS could cut into the profit margin too much though. Enough that they can't balance it out with price increases due to reduced sales or whatever...

·
Registered
119 Posts
The 2013 Grom 125 ABS and standard model had around a 1k price difference. That could be enough for someone to get a bike with a high cc.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Weird. I read on a Grom forum that people had the choice between a Grom with ABS and one without. They could be wrong.
Can you link us to where you saw that, I don't recall the Grom coming with ABS and searches haven't turned up anything indicating it did come with ABS for 2014.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea which makes me think that its a cost or packaging issue that keeps 2 companies from offering ABS on similar products...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts