Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Needing better rear view vision I put more bend in the stock mirrors.
I installed 2' Rox Risers that helped a lot , but still wanted better rear view vision.
From where I set my mirror's at / The stock mirrors are 7 5/8" high from the grip and are flush out to the end of the bars (pic 3) and have a (appox) 38 dregree bend . (Pic' 2)

Because of the brake cylinder the right side mounting is higher than the left i put differant bend angles on the left as to the right side . I had to trade off the height to the out locations to make them look as even as possible from side to side. I really didn't want to go down for rear view issues but going farther out was more of a benifit . And reducing the Micky Mouse look is a plus :cool:
I bent the left side (clutch) to 65 dregree's that gave me a 6 1/4" high from the grip and a 1 1/2" farther out location. ( Pic's -4-5-6 )
(tape measure in pic's is 1" wide)
I bent the right side (throddle) to 70 dregree's that gave me a 6 5/8" high from the grip and a 2" out farther location. ( Pic's 7-8-9 )
Still got a good 2" knuckle and glove room so I might bend them a little more after riding and testing the new setting's

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Still got a good 2" knuckle and glove room so I might bend them a little more after riding and testing the new setting's
Yep ...... The offset differance's from side to side were bugin the crap out of me :(.
So I made 2 bends on the right mirror so it would go down without going out more to match the right ... Yes, I'm a man of symmetry :D
And lowered both of them more for 1 1/4" clearance from gloves . just to reduce the micky mouse look even more .

Attachments

·
Registered
368 Posts
I don't have a fancy press like that, only a bench vice.

Is it possible to bend the mirrors like that without a press? Yours look great now. I can't see past my shoulders with the stock ones.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I put my PT bars on and went back on were the OE mirrors. I've been looking for some different ones, but i dont want to spend $100 on mirrors. I may refresh the stockers like this.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I Dont think so , my press was grunting to do it . due to having to have such a narrow bottom die so i didnt rest on the threads. If you have a way you can heat it up straw yellow , then a vice should work . but you would need to keep the mirrow end at least for 2" (mirror plastic) wraped up in a wet/soaked rag or have it hanging down in the vice and keep it wet with runnig water somehow . and the threaded end up in vice and the heat pin-pointed at the bend only ...
You couldnt do my second re-bend post due to the right hand mirror with the plastic mirror right there using heat . but just my first post bends is well worth it
I'll post up the second post bend angles here if you can find a shop or friend to do it
Left side (clutch) re-bend to 70 dregree's (was 65 dregree's)
Right side (throddle) leave 70 dregree as is , but put 20 dregree bend at 1 3/8" from mirror or as close as possible to mirror ,depends on shops capabillitys?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Visual Aid

Pic 1 / stock height
Pic 2 / first post bends "BUT" I didnt have bottom of mirror level to the grips, so it will actually look lower than shown .
Pic 3 / Second post re-bends

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I absolutely love the enduro style. What fender are you running on the front? Any negatives with having the air dam removed?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I absolutely love the enduro style. What fender are you running on the front? Any negatives with having the air dam removed?
air dam / did not mount my Temp gage till after I took it off ?

That 1st pic is re-working the stock front fender
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/wh...-today/13170-duel-sport-front-fender-mod.html
But using a KX60 fender now
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/wh...oday/14242-front-rear-duel-sport-fenders.html
But I change colors and trims a lot, I keep my Gallery pic's current
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/members/kaw'ee-albums-kaw'ee+-dual+sport.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts