Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Does the Z125 have a normal MAP sensor/IAT/TPS that would talk to an aftermarket ECU like a Haltech?

Thanks!

Ocean

PS- All those going to ask about, "Why not a Hoedar/PCV/Bazzaz/Microsquirt/etc.?" Haltech is the only ECU besides Motec (that I'm aware of) that will run all my crazy projects- rotary, 2 stroke, etc. Also their customer support staff have encouraged me in my weird engine swap ideas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I believe microsquirt is based off of the ms2. If this is true then it will run rotary, there is a setting in the software to run a rotary. On the other hand I am not too sure about 2 stroke though but I bet there is a way to set it up. I don't think anyone here will know about the MAP and IAT sensor reading like a normal ones but those can be swapped for gm sensors and wired in if it turns into an issue. TPS should be able to be calibrated in the software for the ecu, but I have not tried it. Good luck, it would be cool to see some sort of rotary in one of these.

·
Registered
165 Posts
the microquirt ecu wont work with the stock map sensor unless you can figure out whats at what voltage. however any stock honda or gm 1-2-3 bar mao sensor will work just as fine. the iat, tp will work but you will want the ecu to be ran off the tps sensor so a map sensor is kind of not needed.

Hi all,

Does the Z125 have a normal MAP sensor/IAT/TPS that would talk to an aftermarket ECU like a Haltech?

Thanks!

Ocean

PS- All those going to ask about, "Why not a Hoedar/PCV/Bazzaz/Microsquirt/etc.?" Haltech is the only ECU besides Motec (that I'm aware of) that will run all my crazy projects- rotary, 2 stroke, etc. Also their customer support staff have encouraged me in my weird engine swap ideas.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the responses!

Will the stock GM ones bolt right in or will some modding be necessary?

Ocean
IAT can be worked into the intake Pipe you have and the MAP all you need is a vacuum line to it from the intake to the sensor. The one thing I would worry about is crank position sensor/what type of wheel they use. That may be the biggest problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts