Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z125 will be available on May 4th in Malaysia, price unknown.

Z125 will cost $3,399 Canadian Dollars (c. $2,707 USD). No release date yet. Green color only.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Global Prices

Canada prices is cheaper than the US. :)
Yes, I'm not sure why that is.

Price in India is expected to be right around $2,000 USD.

Price in Australia is $3,138 in USD
This one is puzzling, too, since small motorcycles are usually cheaper in Australia than in the U.S., which I would expect for the Z125 since it's made in Thailand, so the shipping cost to Australia (and most Asian countries) would be less.

Price in Indonesia is $2,275 in USD.

These prices are all for the Z125 Pro model. The semi-automatic model may be a less expensive model to amke and sell...

All of these prices are also before taxes, road fees/registration, delivery and set-up fees, etc.

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought mine brand new inclusive of Government taxes and TPL insurance here for P118k or approximately US$2,500. :)

In India and Thailand the semi-automatic model which is the model available in the Philippines is actually slightly more expensive than the full manual model. :)
That's a great price....:smile2:

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's a great deal since it includes taxes and everything else. I think NA would probably hit the 3K mark if you include taxes and fees.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's a great deal since it includes taxes and everything else. I think NA would probably hit the 3K mark if you include taxes and fees.
My local dealer gave me these figures:

Z125 $2999.00
Destination/Set-up $150.00
Documentation Fee $50.00
Sales Tax (@8.25%) $264.00

Total of $3,463.00

Then, registration should be about $85.00 here in Colorado

So, Grand Total of $3,548.00

A Grom would be $3,764.00 here in Colorado, but in places like California, Washington and Hawai'i they mark them up because they're so popular and one can cost $4,600 or more OTD :frown2:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Even at that price for a Grom, if I really wanted to take advantage of the aftermarket support available then Grom would be it. Anyone here anticipating aftermarket support for the Z125 growing to a good extent?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Even at that price for a Grom, if I really wanted to take advantage of the aftermarket support available then Grom would be it. Anyone here anticipating aftermarket support for the Z125 growing to a good extent?
I watch a number of Thai, Indonesian and Japanese websites, and so far there are very few parts/accessories available for it.

That should change once the Zs are actually available for aftermarket companies to buy for development uses. I'd expect a big jump in mid to late Summer (July-August-September). BBKs (Big Bore Kits) are probablay already in the works somewhere right now.

Groms have several 1,000 parts/accessories available for them, but then they've been available in NA for 2+ years now (3+ years in Asia). Z125 will be the same, eventually.

·
Registered
124 Posts
My local dealer gave me these figures:

Z125 $2999.00
Destination/Set-up $150.00
Documentation Fee $50.00
Sales Tax (@8.25%) $264.00

Total of $3,463.00

Then, registration should be about $85.00 here in Colorado

So, Grand Total of $3,548.00

A Grom would be $3,764.00 here in Colorado, but in places like California, Washington and Hawai'i they mark them up because they're so popular and one can cost $4,600 or more OTD :frown2:
Wow a dealers mark up of more than 20% is too much. :(

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Z125 will be available on May 4th in Malaysia, price unknown.

Z125 will cost $3,399 Canadian Dollars (c. $2,707 USD). No release date yet. Green color only.
Malaysian price announced today. $2,592 USD

·
Registered
466 Posts
Guess Kawasaki decided to make it a bit cheaper in their target market, just wish we got it for $2,592 USD as well. The money saved could be used on mods and accessories.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guess Kawasaki decided to make it a bit cheaper in their target market, just wish we got it for $2,592 USD as well. The money saved could be used on mods and accessories.
Shipping costs would also account for the cheaper price in Malaysia and other Asian countries.

Bangkok to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia is 912 miles
Bangkok to Los Angeles is 8,242 miles

1 - 15 of 15 Posts