Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an 18 pro in black, it will be some road use and some track use, racing with nyminigp in a stock class. I need to get a few decent mods for this straight away, would appreciate suggestions. I've read that the Area 22 stuff is not the greatest, is this true? Here's what I want:

Windscreen - slight aerodynamic advantages?
Rearset - hopefully with reverse shift pattern but can probably mod it to work
Lower bars or clip-ons?
Oil fill plug - need to drill it for safety wire
Oil drain plug - need to drill it for safety wire
Front turn signals - looking for flush mount that will be easy to tape over
Axel/frame sliders - should be plastic so I don't tear up the track
Different gears - front or rear combos that work well on Kart tracks

Extras that I may want to do:

Lithium battery
Braided brake lines
Drop in air filter

Anything else that should be done? No internal engine mods or airbox/exhaust mods allowed. Forks will eventually get the Ohlins internals, but not right now unless they are on sale cheap. Forks and shock are required to use stock tubes/sliders but shock spring may be changed, so I may want a spring for the shock.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, bought a bunch of stuff on Amazon, ebay, and Man in the box. Sliders for axles, passenger pegs, frame. Cheap rearsets, cheap windscreen, flush mount front turn signals. Still not sure what I want to do with the bars, need to see what the rearsets do before I can figure this out. Hope all the stuff from China arrives quickly.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yikes, those are out of my price range. But you can buy folding pegs for like $15 a pair, probably worth about $8 in quality.

I was looking at that clip on adapter, someone else has some regular clip ons with raised bars.

Really need more time sitting on the thing to figure out bar height, and really need the rearsets installed to aid in that process. I may end up making something or taking some clubmans and turning them around or something like that.

Really need another seat, something that is ripped so I can tear it down to a bare pan and then start building something else.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts