Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest to find the ever-elusive “Perfect Z” I did the unthinkable today. I procured a set of rare ASV C5 levers from the storied halls of Revzilla. I was perusing the bazaar when I came upon a grizzled old vendor with a milky left eye. He beckoned to me and said, “I know what it is you seek, Pilgrim but the price is high... as are all things worth coveting, yes?”

And with that he held aloft two gleaming rods of metal so pure that I was forced to avert my eyes for just a brief moment. And when I regained my senses I looked again at the artifacts, black as night yet radiant as the sun danced across their surface. The right artifact was bent at odd angles with a handle a palm’s span in length, the other - the left artifact - was bent in similar angles but the mirror of its sister however its handle was less than a palm-width. Curious.

I took them both in hand and marveled at their sheer, alien precision. I dug deep into my waning pockets and handed the vendor enough coin to buy 1,000 head of brazen ox. The vendor looked down at the treasure trove I offered and merely laughed.

”Beware of what you seek for in your obsession lies your doom...” And suddenly he was gone.

I stared down at the artifacts in my hand, eager to set work and mount them on the altar of Z... but the vendor’s words echoed eerily in my mind.

At what cost....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
With the mystical levers in-hand I made haste my return to the Temple of Z to place the offerings upon her arms. But the route back was trecherous and rough, the cables on my wagon creaking and straining against the ruts of an unfathomably convoluted passage.

Why would the gods of Ka'wa-sa-k'i create such an ill-fated route as this?

Nevertheless, I returned safely to the altar and placed the mighty levers of ASV upon her arms...

All was well, at least I believed it to be so... until I glanced down and noticed that the great Z had left behind an offering of her own.

What could it mean? Was the great Z unhappy with my offering? What curse have I drawn down upon myself?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Took the Baby-Z out for a romp today. Wanted to test out the new Driven rearsets I just installed as well as get a feel for the TechSpec Snakeskins I put on the tank... wasn't sure that $70 tank pads would be worth the cash but I was wrong. They're awesome. As for looks, I plan on going the "stealth" route - primarily black with red accents here and there. Here she is looking all mysterious and sexy... like Betty Boop in black leather.

Went for a ride around Lake Travis and stopped off at a local overlook to relax and take in the scenery. Gorgeous day here in NW Austin.

The Driven is worth the money. Shifting feels more precise and the brake pedal is positioned better for me. It sucks that I lost functionality for the brake return spring and light switch so I'll have to poke around and find a solution to get them back. Pricey but I figured "why the hell not?" - this bike is all about silly extremes to me anyway :)

I have new tires on order and after that I will turn my attention to the suspension components. I really taxed out the stock tires and front forks on the canyon road around the lake today. Not very confidence-inspiring for sure. After I sort that out then maybe later this year a Yosh RS2, Dinger intake, and PCV or ECU reflash...

Had a bunch of people come over to see it. It's funny how folks seem to smile a lot when they approach the bike... I never get that on my Vulcan S. Lots of questions especially from the ladies. A few asked whether it's a good first bike for beginners. I said no... but its a good bike to learn on. I don't think they got it.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You don't need the return spring, i haven't been using one for a while. I think there are option for the light out there but I haven't looked into them myself

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You don't need the return spring, i haven't been using one for a while. I think there are option for the light out there but I haven't looked into them myself
Yeah, I know it's not necessary and I come to a stop using my front & rear brake levers at the same time anyway (at least until the last 5 feet or so then it's all rear lol). However, I've seen a few treatments for the return spring that involve using a 420 chain link as a bracket and a tiny hole drilled into the brake pedal arm to mount it. I also have a couple of small flat brackets I can grind into a link and paint black... if I can fix something up that looks good I may hook it back up.

Or not... because I'd rather spend time riding lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts