Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got my Mnnthbx kit installed and have a PCV w\ Autotune. Thing flies. generally runs good.

I had an issue today going on a ride with some friends where I finally had an opportunity to "open" it up on some country roads and ran into a major problem....

Ill be in 4th around 55-60mph WOT and the vehicle goes into what I can only assume is limp mode. No odd noises that im aware of. doesnt matter if I down shift... still loses power (Will not gain RPMs). Will continue to lose power until I come to a stop. at that point engine idles fine and I can take off again with full power through all gears until again... 55-60mph WOT and it does it again after maybe a 1\4 mile riding like that.

Ses Light is on because I dont have the O2 eliminator yet. No idea if there are other codes stored. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,278 Posts
Running issue I'd do a TPS because you removed the throttle body

Font Material property Parallel Pattern Number

Then look into fuel controller program
Kawaski Brad is good with the PCV . He might see this post and chime in
And if bought the kit for MNNTHBX they will typically help you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Running issue I'd do a TPS because you removed the throttle body

View attachment 27515

Then look into fuel controller program
Kawaski Brad is good with the PCV . He might see this post and chime in
And if bought the kit for MNNTHBX they will typically help you.
Thanks for the help. I went through and did the reset. I also cleared my tables and went back to a more stock map. (one of them I got off Dynojets website)....

when I originally finished setting this up I didnt want the light on so I drove around with both O2 sensors plugged in... Everything seemed fine, but I figured after reading more into it that I should deal with the light for now while I wait for the defeater to arrive.

IDK... could be a cause. its just frustrating because this thing rides awesome as long as Im not 100% WOT for extended periods. I rode back going 50-55 the whole way with absolutely no issues.

·
Super Moderator
2,278 Posts
when I originally finished setting this up I didnt want the light on so I drove around with both O2 sensors plugged in... Everything seemed fine, but I figured after reading more into it that I should deal with the light for now while I wait for the defeater to arrive.
Good video overview of the o2 bypass reasoning.
for another bike but still applies to the Z125
and could also contact bill with your issue

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you tried a new spark plug?
Plug was new 600 miles ago. I did replace it after this also.

Right now im waiting on the O2 eliminator before I do anything else. It runs absolutely perfectly at anything other than WOT in 4th. I rode the bike home after this going 50-55 the whole way.

Fuel was my initial thought, but again... until I have everything else squared up... I dont want to trouble shoot this further. Im fairly certain im not causing any harm... So im going to fix the things I know I need then Ill take this further.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts