Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
They made it so weird with Hero5 and later models with that bulky $50 microphone adapter plus cost of mic and wiring to get external audio on later Hero models.
I agree! What a PITA and a waste of money.

I have access to an older Hero 3+, as well as a cheap lav mic and adapter. I think I'll rig this up for some testing this weekend, and once I decide on a camera, I can just swap things out.

Still really leaning towards the Osmo though. They're offering 5% off through their website, as well as a free battery / charger upgrade with purchase. Then consider that the mic adapter is $17 on Amazon.. Kinda seems like the way to go.

·
Registered
277 Posts
They made it so weird with Hero5 and later models with that bulky $50 microphone adapter plus cost of mic and wiring to get external audio on later Hero models.
But they're absolutely banking on it. I'm guessing that $50 adapter is only costing them about $4 to have manufactured in China. I'd be surprised if the Media Mod (which sales for $80) costs them more than $10. Both are obscenely overpriced. I guess you don't become a 2-billion dollar CEO by undercharging on required products for your product though.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sweet, looking forward to the videos!
Thank you!

That is awesome man. Don't forget to buy a Chesty mount, it looks like you wearing a bra but it's by far the best camera angle on a motorcycle, and please link us to your videos.
Got one in the mail! I thought about a helmet mount, but I wear an Icon Airflite with the full face shield, and it's a pain to mount correctly.

I will be sure to link to videos once I make a few. Thanks for all the advice. Appreciate y'all.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Guys I think I've cracked the audio issue in a simple way. The Wind Slayer I ordered off Amazon came in the mail and I installed it, set the GoPro microphone to Stereo only and recorded and it sounds really good. Let me put the video together and I will post up, but it looks like a foam condom for the GoPro basically and it works really well.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Guys I think I've cracked the audio issue in a simple way. The Wind Slayer I ordered off Amazon came in the mail and I installed it, set the GoPro microphone to Stereo only and recorded and it sounds really good. Let me put the video together and I will post up, but it looks like a foam condom for the GoPro basically and it works really well.
Yes, please, looking forward to seeing this!

·
Registered
75 Posts

Here you go. I only uploaded the first chapter to keep the video short and not too boring. This is with the Wind Slayer foam cover around the GoPro.
Around 4 minutes in is when I go from full stop to 40+ mph if you want to evaluate the wind noise. Microphone is set to Stereo only that is all I did.
Give your honest opinion/advice/feedback, if we need to make changes, let's work.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Here you go. I only uploaded the first chapter to keep the video short and not too boring. This is with the Wind Slayer foam cover around the GoPro.
Around 4 minutes in is when I go from full stop to 40+ mph if you want to evaluate the wind noise. Microphone is set to Stereo only that is all I did.
Give your honest opinion/advice/feedback, if we need to make changes, let's work.
This is great! Thank you.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts