Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I ride early in the morning and a lot at night. I'm not liking the lighting of the stock headlight.

How much brighter is this over stock? Better projection?

·
447 Posts

We run these on our bike, along with the Matching LED Wedge Bulb...... and have had excellent customer feedback.

>> LED HEADLIGHT <<

Reactions: Lobot

·
Registered
165 Posts
I like the style of LED bulb from Hard Racing better than the one from MNNTHBX. Any bulb that requires a cooling fan built into it means it may get hot and that's not a great idea with a plastic lens so close to it. It might not be an issue if the bike is always moving while it's on, but I have seen some melted headlight lenses from running higher output bulbs on other bikes. Just sharing my experience.

·
Vendor
686 Posts
I like the style of LED bulb from Hard Racing better than the one from MNNTHBX. Any bulb that requires a cooling fan built into it means it may get hot and that's not a great idea with a plastic lens so close to it. It might not be an issue if the bike is always moving while it's on, but I have seen some melted headlight lenses from running higher output bulbs on other bikes. Just sharing my experience.
Doesn't get hot because.... it has a fan, allowing greater output. ZERO issues. You melt a housing with our bulb, I'll pay to replace the whole thing....

·
447 Posts

Just about any good quality LED that has Serious Lumen output....... gets hot. No way around it.
The goal is to draw the heat away from the LED so it last longer.
Most of them have a Fan.
Ours has a Fan as well.
Some use large heat sinks, some use those braided tabs.

It's not a negative thing to have a fan.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts