Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello going be purchasing z125 pro...my first ever motorcycle...i haven't road a dirt bike in maybe 13 years...

I need help making it into a daily rider...i flirted with the scooter /moped route..but the z caught my heart when i saw it in person... My question is what NONE speed upgrades should i look at first?

Louder horn and adjustable handlebars are first on my list...i would like to ride stock performance wise until break the bike in an see the need for speed! ....i have learned a lot here looking to learn more

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome
If your driving in a lot of traffic the MIRRORS are almost useless . all you see is your arm/shoulders
Bar Ends are the safest and best for seeing behind you, but worse for splitting lanes
Or any aftermarket type that go out passed the bar ends farther than the stock ones do to see around your arm/shoulders better

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
+1 on the uselessness of the mirrors. I bought mirror mount extensions on E Bay. Cheaper than buying a whole new set of mirrors.
Extends them outward about 2". Seller is "d-light-factory" $11USD.
Another E Bay special is a windshield, from seller "tngtang-moto". $45USD.
Gives a small amount of protection, keeps the bugs off the speedo, and looks "fast", 😂.
Welcome and have fun.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The first thing I normally do is to figure out how I'm going to carry stuff. Most people use backpacks, but I use a 4 liter Givi ST602 Tanklock bag on a BF04 mount.
The second item is a swing arm stand. It's not exactly an upgrade, but it sure makes things like chain cleaning and lubing a lot easier. Speaking of which, don't forget consumables like chain lube and cleaner.
The bike comes with everything you need to ride it, so my advice would be to hold off on the actual modifications until you have ridden a few miles. After that you'll be in a lot better position to decide which parts will work best for you. Common items include fender eliminator (I prefer the Vagabond), mirrors, shorty brake and clutch levers, handlebars (I got the Pro Taper, but after installation I realized I like the oem bars better so I ended up putting them back on), LED headlight, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts