Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts

Sounds like a plan, a 2.5hp shot would be a lot for these little machines, I bet the stock con. rod would pretzel with much over 2.5hp of NOS.
My guess is the head studs would be the weak link and it will blow a gasket. Sure hope it doesn't wreck a rod but there really is only one way to find out for sure.

The smallest jet I can get is a .009 and with a dry shot that will give me a bit over 3hp. With a wet shot (which is generally my preferred route) I'll need to use the smallest jet for fuel which puts me at about .015 for a nitrous jet. That computes to a little over 10hp. I think 10 would cause immediate and very explosive catastrophic failure.

During covidcation I invested in the large stand up nitrous cylinder and a transfer pump for refilling bottles. Also started carrying nitrous parts on the KB site. Now I'm looking at all the vehicles in a whole new way. 😈

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am going to spray mine one day but it will not be no 3hp shot, lol it be 10-15, I have sprayed a scooter with one of the little cheap kits, I need to find a nice bottle I can hide under the seat, I have the solenoids already

·
Registered
171 Posts
Best way to bore the case is with a big milling machine. After that I'd probably build something that bolts to the studs, but this could be really ugly. I've seen people use die grinders and sanding drums, but you'd want to be real careful that you don't get a tight or loose spot because it might cause the cylinder skirt to crack.
I have to agree that most machine shops will probably use a mill and angle plate like in the photo below. It 's a simple way to hold the cases securely enough to get an accurate sized hole. If it's too big or off center you might lose the small amount of gasket surface you will have left, causing sealing problems. If you are talented(or lucky) you can successfully do it with a die grinder. But most people should just have it done professionally if they don't feel comfortable with DIY case boring. Many automotive or smaller sized machine shops will do it for around $50.
Grom case bore.jpg IMG_20191012_163713.jpg

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
I need to find a nice bottle I can hide under the seat, I have the solenoids already
Sounds like you want something similar to the super popular "Sneaky Pete" 10oz? IMO if it's less than 10oz it's not worth having unless we're talking RC cars. Sneaky Pete got it's name for a reason. I have 7 of these for sale, legit, new never used DOT spec but 10ish years old. I personally own 3 of these identical bottle/valve systems for a little over a decade. Cost effective, reliable, easy.

Valve included. Valve costs more than the bottle online, but bottles sell more frequently than valves. I've been tasked with clearing them out for a dealership I used to work for. Valves include DOT spec safety blow off.

100CAD + Shipping. New 10Oz AL Sneaky Pete and Valve.
2020-09-18 17.48.10.jpg 2020-09-18 17.48.47.jpg . PM me if you want one.

·
Registered
148 Posts
At some point someone needs to just go ahead and shoe-horn an H2 motor into one of these.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I’d like to find A custom piston that’s stronger long with a better rod and real good stroker crank so I don’t have to worr about any issues in the future anybody know where I can find them?

·
Registered
818 Posts
If you want something custom, then it's probably not readily available. I HAVE heard of custom pistons made, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say about them...

21 - 29 of 29 Posts