Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't bought a Z125 yet. I'm looking into front brakes options first.

I'm been searching for a while, and there are absolutely no larger diameter rotors, which would normally be sold with a caliper adapter bracket. (such as I've had on the various supermoto conversions I've built)

IMHO. the one thing the Z125's brakes need more than SST brake lines, caliper options or new master cylinders is rotor diameter. Vendors, let us know when you will have something. Or, try to convince me that the factory rotors aren't going to melt at the race track.

If the vendors don't come through, maybe I'll still pick up a Z125 and come up with something myself. EBC will custom make rotors to a spec, and I could design and machine a caliper bracket pretty easy.

I'm only interested in track performance at my local kart track. It's a fairly demanding track.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am on stock brakes and i haven't had an issues and i have had them glowing on some of the roads around where i live and the bike still stops fine and it took allot of riding to get it that hot i also have the pilot 2ct tires aswell. Still would be cool to have a full floating setup but in my opinion better forks with rebound and compression adjustment would make better use of the stock brakes since i have bottomed the forks out under hard braking. its not motogp stock equitment should be fine the rotors cool pretty fast since the wheel is a giant heat sink

·
Vendor
708 Posts
I love to see somebody concerned with braking performance first. We work hand in hand with Galfer, and in fact helped design their wave rotor for the Z. I can say we use and sell a LOT of their promo packs to racers, and have only had positive feedback. That combo is up to the higher end task without issue...

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was my first post here before I even bought my z125. Brakes were my first concern.

There is now an option for a larger rotor, sold with a caliper bracket to use the OEM caliper.

Takegawa big floating rotor. It's 25 mm larger diameter, and that works out to a lot of additional rotating surface. Not available in the US yet but you can get it from Japan. I believe this is going to be a better option than the Brembo caliper on the original or Galfer diameter rotor. The Z125 front brake needs diameter more than anything else.

https://japan.webike.net/products/23123051.html
Shipping is pricey on this item, so I hope some US vendors get this in stock.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Galfer has a wave rotor and pad kit now. I put it on along with stainless lines and it now stops just the way it should.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts