Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Ive tried searching all over and nothing comes up at all?

I was wanting to know if a KX125 Two stroke engine would fit right in on my Z125 Pro?

Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah it was sadly, Still annoying that some muppet said its all good. Someone could have borrowed money or anything to go ahead. I would never need the exhaust just the dump pipe from turbo.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Still annoying that some muppet said its all good. Someone could have borrowed money or anything to go ahead. I would never need the exhaust just the dump pipe from turbo.
Well, you know what they say. Ask stupid questions, get stupid answers. Um, were you serious? I thought this was a joke thread. :eek: I really didn't worry about anyone buying the engine and going ahead with it.

KX125s are turbocharged?!?

I'm learning so much from this thread!
Yeah turbochargers are great for 2 stroke reed valve engines I hear. :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was a serious question as stated bud there was no info anywhere prior. Some people live remotely and have limited services available that's why we refer to forums.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I think part of the issue is the wording of "...fit right in..."

No, of course the engine from a completely different type of bike isn't going to be plug and play.

Better phrasing could potentially be "Could a KX engine be made to work with a Z125 frame and if so how much fabrication would be involved? Has anyone done something like <insert two stroke grom example here> with a Kawi?"

While it wasn't the friendliest of greetings I certainly don't blame Zaph for the sarcastic answer because what you asked, at face value, is a stupid question.

Ok... putting on my helpful pants for a second here.

A tiny oil burner and a parallel twin aren't exactly even apples to oranges, but page through HelicopterMike's Z300 build to see the kind of work you might be signing yourself up for, even if the engine does fit easily.

FWIW I get the feeling that there would be a lot of interest in your build here. Plenty of people will offer advice and troubleshooting based on their experiences with the Z125 but to my knowledge nobody has done this kind of swap on a Z yet and heck no, it's not going to "fit right in."

·
Registered
551 Posts
Ando is right on the mark with the "fit right in" terminology, which caused me to break out in laughter.

Casuals interested in dabbling in engine swaps must first ask themselves one question. Does the new engine I am considering have the cylinder pointing in the correct direction? As I think of this, I try not to snort my diet Mt Dew through my nose. :D

Man I find this thread hilarious. Could that engine be force fit with a **** of a lot of cutting, welding and custom fabrication work? **** yeah and it would be awesome. But we're talking custom made expansion chambers here, which most have no freaking clue how to engineer and build.

The simple fact is, if a person has to ask that question, it's a project they need to stay away from.

·
Super Moderator
1,713 Posts
Welcome to the forum Justus :wink2:

Sorry to see this :|

PM sent , check your private messages inbox , ""top of page""

( Welcome, Justus; Visited 08-05-2019 09:46 PM ""Private Messages:"" Unread 1, Total 1. Subscriptions )

Reactions: Justus

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Kaw'ee.. I see a lot of posts with the intention to place a 300 Ninja motor in but also have others saying it's impossible... Silly me to ask if a similar size engine would fit into a similar bike frame. I will just drop a LS3 in my bike.... Or my 6.4lt Hemi from our SRT Jeep... And add my extra large 35psi turbo onto it... Seems easier. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts