Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried fitting a klx110/drz skid plate? Without stock exhaust of course
They seam to be on Ebay anywhere from 20-89$ fast50's looks pretty good for the price

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone tried fitting a klx110/drz skid plate? Without stock exhaust of course
They seam to be on Ebay anywhere from 20-89$ fast50's looks pretty good for the price
I don't think it will even fit with an aftermarket exhaust. Skid plates are usually almost right against the oil pan. I am sure one could easily make their own mounting bracket to clear the exhaust but not sure how sturdy that would be.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not looking like a skidder would help with the way my exhaust runs really wish I dident have things bouncing off the pipe all the time :-/

·
Registered
9 Posts
I think it will.
Motorcycles don't have oilpans.
DOH! I guess I should of said bottom end ( I was just thinking of where the drain bolt is). I probably shouldn't be on the internet with lack of sleep LOL.

Now that I have looked at it a little more, if you have a welder or a welding buddy you could make one that mounts where the chin spoiler mounts IDK how well it would hold up but as long as you aren't bottoming out on it you should be fine for basic protection. Also, if you wanted a little bit more secure mounting point, if your current exhaust doesn't use the stock mounting point in front of the rear tire you could make that a point where your plate mounts up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts