Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Kitaco releasing High Compression Piston and Performance Camshaft for the Z125 PRO

Should have more details soon.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Price should be about $99 for the piston kit, and $128 for the cam.
Not too bad.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yeah, finally Kitaco have made some engine parts for the Z125! It only took them 16 months to do it. I agree the pricing is pretty good, so I'll order 1 just to try it out. Any idea when these will be available stateside? Thanks for keeping us updated.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, finally Kitaco have made some engine parts for the Z125! It only took them 16 months to do it. I agree the pricing is pretty good, so I'll order 1 just to try it out. Any idea when these will be available stateside? Thanks for keeping us updated.

LOL.. yea, only 16 months later. ;-)

We are placing a stock order with them shortly....... and will add a few of these in that shipment.

Not sure how long they will last though.

may want to order soon.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Should hopefully have these in our store in the next 5-7 days

Limited quantities to start out.

So, If anyone is interested, please order soon
>> KITACO PISTON & CAM COMBO <<

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Not to shabby. 20% increase in power, with just a piston and camshaft.

Reactions: colticus and J.B

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will you need a fuel controller with this set up or any other mods, such as an intake or exhaust to achieve the 11 whp?

You definitely, will want a fuel controller to fine tune the map to a more optimal A/F Ratio

·
Registered
49 Posts

Kitaco releasing High Compression Piston and Performance Camshaft for the Z125 PRO

Should have more details soon.

Hi folks,
Is this piston forged?

Thanks!
LP

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

This piston is not forged.

Aluminum machined.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks!

I really love the quality of this product, very impressive, the thing that bothers me is the lack of manual instructions for the piston install. I got two packages from Hardracing, one for the camshaft, one for the piston, although there were the very same manual in each of them, and it was just for the camshaft install.

Can you guys please provide a pdf file I can follow the instructions for the proper installation?

Thanks in advance!
LP

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks!

I really love the quality of this product, very impressive, the thing that bothers me is the lack of manual instructions for the piston install. I got two packages from Hardracing, one for the camshaft, one for the piston, although there were the very same manual in each of them, and it was just for the camshaft install.

Can you guys please provide a pdf file I can follow the instructions for the proper installation?

Thanks in advance!
LP

Kitaco is assuming customers have the Kawasaki Service manual, and uses those instructions.

But, we do have the ones for the
125cc KLX Piston Kit which is pretty much same install procedure.

Just send us an email request and we will forward that .pdf to you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
What intake and exhaust was on the bike during the dyno session? I am very interested In this kit.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thats awesome gains. I will be ordering this from you soon.
I'm just making sure that they got those gains with everything else stock. I'm guessing some sort of fuel contest was used as they state that they are needed to run this set up. If everything was truly stock then you would expect even higher gains with an exhaust and opened up intake.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm just making sure that they got those gains with everything else stock. I'm guessing some sort of fuel contest was used as they state that they are needed to run this set up. If everything was truly stock then you would expect even higher gains with an exhaust and opened up intake.
There was an individual with this kit, exhaust, intake and stock tune on the z125 Facebook group and it dynoed at 11.8 at the wheels. Definitely needs a fuel controller and he expects a little more out of it when it's tuned.

·
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 45 Posts