Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I just got a 2018 z125 pro and previous owner had a kevtek engine crash cage not installed. I would like to install it and
Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Tire Bicycle frame

I have tried to contact kevtek and they have not responded but does it use the existing engine mounts or is there additional hardware I am missing? Can someone who has one please let me know 馃檹

Registered
Yes, you can re-use the mounting bolts. The one bolt you will need is used to connect the two halves together. It should be a size M10 x 1.5 and its roughly 20mm long, but you can use a slightly longer one if you can't find one that short. Also, it should be a hex bit head: 8mm, because theres no room for a regular socket.

The engine mount torque spec is 44ft-lbs.

Mine looks like this:
Finger Household hardware Nickel Thumb Body jewelry

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, you can re-use the mounting bolts. The one bolt you will need is used to connect the two halves together. It should be a size M10 x 1.5 and its roughly 20mm long, but you can use a slightly longer one if you can't find one that short. Also, it should be a hex bit head: 8mm, because theres no room for a regular socket.

The engine mount torque spec is 44ft-lbs.

Mine looks like this:
View attachment 27105
Thank you!

Registered
Yeah, happy to help! The cage itself is pretty sweet. I use my bike mostly for gymkhana and dumping the bike 5-6 times every session is pretty much a non issue for me. Also you can always get longer bolts if you want. They are M12 x 1.25 if you do.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Yeah, happy to help! The cage itself is pretty sweet. I use my bike mostly for gymkhana and dumping the bike 5-6 times every session is pretty much a non issue for me. Also you can always get longer bolts if you want. They are M12 x 1.25 if you do.

Installed 馃憣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts