Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Running out of Mod's to do I got boarded and Mounted up the Kendas K761 ... 130/70's front and rear
Just about all reports I read said there not as good as the stock tires for Street grip . But i'm not a push it to the limit rider on the street, so I will probably never even notice the difference .
I chose the Kendas because I was looking for more traction in the dirt without going with the Maxxis Knobby's .
I went with the 130/70 for the front as well to improve the riding in the deep sand washes that is about 20 per-cent of my riding time
I'll post up a ride report if there's anything really noticeable worth talking about :rolleyes:.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I honestly didnt notice a big difference in grip on or off road . but I'm sure they helped where a little extra grip was needed ...............
Heres some of my posts quotes from my other tire threads .
I found with the stock tires that since the bike doesn't have enough power to spin' the wheel anyways in soft dirt/sand or going up steep hills a knobby isn't going to be all that much help anyways . It never spun or slipped out once all day , even on the off camber slopes .. And Its not like my KLR 650 duel sport where its being rode hard like a dirt bike, the Z' is for fun/mellow cow-trailing. maybe a slippery wet/mud type ride would be the only advantage . I Just hate to ruin the plush smooth street manners the the stock tires have now .My duel sport rides are 80% street to get to 20% dirt trails type rides

They are a lot heaver the stock/street tires.
I noticed a performance loss with the Kenda's
When i first took off i thought my brakes were dragging form the re-assembly So I Picked them up and spun them , all good .
So then it had to be the tires . I defiantly have to rev' it higher to take off.
And I'd bet the maxxis m6024's are the same thing.
But I gotta have the tread design ... so be it
For those that don't really need a dirt type tire and doing it for looks only
Beware of the performance loss due to the weight that comes with them
I went with the 130/70 on rear and front / 130/70 on front is deep sand washes . If your riding street or hard dirt most of the time I would go with the 110/90R12 on the front / The skinniest one they have for better handling and quicker steering .
I listed the all the sizes here / https://www.z125owners.com/forum/tires-wheels-suspension/15437-dual-sport-tires.html#post118795
Bottom line: If you need a better off-Road tire The kendas are not enough difference for the cost vs benefit . If you just want a better dual sport tire then the kendas are fine
The maxis m6024s are the better choice for aggressive off road riding and is what I will use next.

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
There was no elimination :grin2:
I just laid a ACERBIS KX250 94'-98' fender on top of the OEM fender.
Nothing with the stock lights or wiring were altered at all. It's just to hide the Ugly OEM fender and look more like a Dual Sport.
If its something you want to try I'll add some helpful pic's to the below thread :wink2:
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/wh...front-rear-duel-sport-fenders.html#post120807
Lot's of pic's of it in my "Gallery" if you on the fence
https://www.z125owners.com/forum/members/kaw'ee-albums-kaw'ee+-dual+sport.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts