Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Thailand‘s Kawasaki site has updated their price sheet to include the Z125 and Z125 PRO! Both models start at 74,990 Thai Baht, roughly converted to 2091.48 USD.

The identical base price could have been caused a typing error but it’s most likely from the lack of spec variation. Both the Z125 and Z125 PRO are similarly built except for the difference in Clutch and size.

Clutch
Z125 : Centrifugal, Wet milti-disc
Z125 PRO : Manual, West multi-disc

Length x Width x Height
Z125 : 1,700mm x 740mm x 1,005mm
Z125 PRO : 1,700mm x 750mm x 1,005mm

Compared to Honda’s 2015 Grom ($3,199 MSRP) the Z125 costs around $1107 less not including international tax differences, shipping costs, etc. On top of that, the Z125 has a lower curb weight with a larger fuel tank making it the better bang for your buck.

We’re not quite sure but Thailand’s lower price may be related to Kawasaki’s production plant in Bangkok, the capital of Thailand. Motorcycles made here are sold in Thailand and exported to Southeast Asia, Japan, North America, and Europe.

It may not make an appearance in Europe but given the choice, will buyers choose the Kawasaki Z125 over Honda’s Grom?

·
Registered
466 Posts
That's the cost before freight fees and any other additional charges. I guess if it does come to NA then the price would be similar if not a bit less compared to the GROM. And it looks better than the GROM!

·
Registered
330 Posts
that's a smart way for Kawi to slot in the segment which the grom has gained a lot of traction in, what will be interesting is seeing how much interest is in both after a good amount of time of it being on the market.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Could be cheaper in Thailand because the factory is actually located there. Lower shipping costs and no international fees. Will be interesting to see how much the prices differ outside of Thailand.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think it's possible, if they're looking to cut cost then that could be a good way to go about it from the way I see it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
For some reason the Thai Kawasaki site is down when I tried to check the prices again. Maybe the z125's popularity overloaded the page. :grin2:

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's quite possible, in that case the best thing to do is wait for an off peak time to access the site.

·
Registered
330 Posts
We've only heard and seen it in Thailand. Which country will get the Z125 next?
Don't know who will be next but ultimately it should compete in just about all the markets the Grom does, Grom helped to show where will be most lucrative for Kawi to get into, so i'd say just about all the larger Grom markets currently.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Kawasaki probably expected owners to go aftermarket for accessories and didn't see a point to add them as an option. Odd because the bike is priced so low, people will have that extra cash to spend on accessories and why let them spend it elsewhere?

·
Registered
466 Posts
The only model accessories I see on their site are for the Versys and a Vulcan. Not sure why Kawasaki isn't providing Thailand with more OEM accessories.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The only model accessories I see on their site are for the Versys and a Vulcan. Not sure why Kawasaki isn't providing Thailand with more OEM accessories.
The bike just released recently, so they might be running slightly behind on accessories. As important as accessories are, just getting the bike out there and into the hands of riders is always a solid strategy.

·
Registered
86 Posts
might be something production related. Taxes and tarrifs are punitive in SE Asia, so it could be something like that...

Or the local aftermarket just totally slays...

·
Registered
330 Posts
I think Honda was quick to come out with accessories for the Grom/MSX125 when it launched in Asia, looks like Kawi could have done better with following that sort of release schedule.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Does Kawasaki post PDF versions of their owner's manuals online?
Someone teased the online community with a picture of the manual but not the interior contents. :crying:
I need to know!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts