Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a question regarding my new full system exhaust I have just installed for my Kawasaki z125.

I have purchased and installed this exhaust: Z 125 Exhaust System 200mm Round Blue Tip Black Stainless Silencer (blackwidowexhausts.co.uk)

It seems to be installed all correctly however, the issue I am having is, the exhaust is extremely high pitched and loud compared to my friends exhaust which is a deep sounding roar.
Don't get me wrong, I know they're meant to be ungodly loud, however I was expecting a deep sound coming from the exhaust however it's very high pitched and pops and bangs even with the smallest revs.

The exhaust also produces flames a hell of a lot, even when just shifting gears like normal.

I have kept the baffle in because if I take it out, it's even louder and the bangs it produces are just too crazy.

I do feel like I am losing a bit of performance with this installed. When I full throttle my bike, it cuts out then kicks in after a few milliseconds whereas with the stock exhaust, it didn't.

I've been told I need a power commander or something along those lines however I thought I'd contact you first to see if you've heard anything like this before or know a fix. Could it be something to do with the Oxygen sensor? I don't know much at all about bikes so please advise on what to do to possibly make it sound quieter/deeper at least or get the performance back.

Thanks in advance for reading,

Regards,
Harry

· Registered
507 Posts
Hi. The European model is different however flames mean too lean and that is not a good thing.

Usually just an exhaust replacement shouldnt require a power commander, is the o2 sensor still plugged in or was there no spot for it on the exhaust?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is an Oxygen sensor, and it seems to be plugged in but not sure if it's plugged in correctly.

I will take a look today and make sure everything is all plugged in correctly.

When I first installed the exhaust, the engine light came on but it's since gone off after riding around for a bit.

Still shoots a lot of flames...

· Registered
507 Posts
Im sorry i dont have an answer.... Im wondering if its too rich instead with too much excess fuel but these bikes come running lean from the factory and not sure why a simple exhaust swap would cause that. Especially if your air intake is not modified and your running the o2 sensor.

If you out the stock exhaust back on is it back to normal?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sorry i dont have an answer.... Im wondering if its too rich instead with too much excess fuel but these bikes come running lean from the factory and not sure why a simple exhaust swap would cause that. Especially if your air intake is not modified and your running the o2 sensor.

If you out the stock exhaust back on is it back to normal?
Yes, the bike runs normal with everything stock back on.

I think it's running more lean than rich as it's flaming a lot when I rev the bike, when I am deaccelerating, it pops like hell and is cutting out when I go straight to full throttle.

Any suggestions?

I have thought of buying a power commander/booster plug or getting my ECU remapped but can't find any for my bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts