Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a Z125 yesterday and the clutch appears to be slipping. I only have to pull the clutch lever in about 1/2" to get complete disengagement. When I am sitting at a light and try to go it doesn't seem like it starts to engage and move the bike until the last 1/4-1/2" or so. Is this engaging high or low?

Also, I was cruising around in 4th today at 6k RPM while breaking it in and started going up a hill. The speed dropped so I went to give it some more throttle and all of a sudden the revs shot up to like 9-10k RPM and the bike just maintained speed.

What is the deal?

·
Registered
347 Posts
if it was brand new from a dealer make them adjust it thats all part of the fees you pay when buying new

that way if you don't know what your doing or how to adjust you don't end up worse then you are now
because you can adjust it in 2 different areas

·
Registered
466 Posts
^ Second the dealer adjustment suggestion. My friend did it himself for the first time and subsequently crashed his bike.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine grabbed high as well, but didn't slip. I installed adjustable levers along with a quick cable adjustment and it cleaned up the feel. Lower adjustment is what's gonna do it for you, as the upper is mostly for cable slack/free-play.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts