Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello forum going on month 2 with my Z125. So far so good just one issue how do you guys deal with lights not turning green when night riding?

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
WELCOME :wink2:

I'm to lazy to get off my bike / Make right hand turn, then first legal U-turn, then Right turn , Repeat as required .... I don't mind a 300 ticket, but the 8hrs in traffic school is a Not happening again !

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
In Ohio you can call the state and tell them that the signal will not pick up a motorcycle , They will come out and adjust the sensitivity and you should be ok . Check if you state has a hotline or something...

·
Registered
982 Posts
In NY you can wait a "reasonable amount of time" for it to change, and if it doesn't then you can proceed with caution through the intersection. That of course assumes no traffic going through a different way.

I read of many people that swear by the big magnets you attach under the frame, never tried them so not certain.

·
Registered
91 Posts
In NY you can wait a "reasonable amount of time" for it to change, and if it doesn't then you can proceed with caution through the intersection. That of course assumes no traffic going through a different way.

I read of many people that swear by the big magnets you attach under the frame, never tried them so not certain.
I have heard that "reasonable amount of time" quote before. Pretty subjective as to what "reasonable" is.:surprise:
Asphalt loops are a pain in the azz. Our little town has given up on them, partly because of the constant maintaining
of them due to asphalt movement due to cold and hot, blah, blah, blah. We now use overhead cameras.
Which sometimes fail when a snowstorm packs lens full. They are heated, but only so effective.
As far as magnets, with the high ferrous content of the asphalt here it would slow me down too much.>:)
I suggest you make nothing but right turns until you catch a green somewhere.:smile2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses. So far I've been running the lights, it didn't occur to me to turn right a couple of times lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts