Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 31 years old with a clean driving history and progressive quoted me $70 per year for liability and $204 a year for full coverage! That's amazing.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm 31 years old with a clean driving history and progressive quoted me $70 per year for liability and $204 a year for full coverage! That's amazing.
Sounds more like robbery to me. You need to shop.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I agree that the price is amazing. Some of those who have a long history and MSF whatever may find themselves in a much lower bracket but really, $70 a year to be legal is incredible for these little things. Don't go quoting a 250+, that changes things up a bit lol

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm 26 1 ticket, have my house, truck, car, 2015 zx6r, and 2017 z125 on allstate and it's 90$ a year for full coverage 100/50/100

·
Registered
326 Posts
Curious but how long have you had your motorcycle license and do you also have MSF?
Yeah that does play a role. I'm not gonna say how long I've had a MC endorsement. :laugh:

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah that does play a role. I'm not gonna say how long I've had a MC endorsement. :laugh:

I ran a quote stating I had my MSF and it was only a $4 a year difference. Not worth it in my opinion if money saving is what you're after. I'm actually unsure why everyone seems so adamant on so many people taking the MSF over self-study and experience. I'm not saying there's not good to come from it, especially from people who have no clue or are not nearly as dedicated to learning the required material on their own or just completely lack the confidence to operate a bike. My buddies wife almost dropped a 250 on her second day and then almost hit a pole but quit the course? (She didn't actually hit anything or drop it) but I feel like these type of courses are intended for people like her but she ended up walking anyway? Imagine if the MSF started everyone out on Z125s ;-)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got my house, 2 cars and Z insured through Progressive and it's $570/yr for just the bike. No priors and 15 years experience. I think it's ridiculous but this is California and I'm kinda used to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts