Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, TSTAgent stopping by to share some knowledge with you all!

As many of you know and have done, the first thing you want to do is remove your rear fender and front signals and possibly install an
Integrated Tail Light - like ours, or maybe even some LED signals. Well with those units being installed your bike may start acting out of whack.

Common symptoms are your signals flashing quickly, staying on all the time, or not turning on at all. This is due to a difference in the current being drawn and something we like to call a hyper flash. You can read more about that issue HERE!

In any event and under any normal circumstances one of our standard LED Flasher Relays would correct this issue in minutes and you'd be on your way. HOWEVER, this brand-new Z125 is an exception to this rule and we needed a solution QUICK.

We took the bike apart completely and searched high and low, turns out Kawasaki doesn't use an external flasher relay at all. This causes a bit of frustration for all of us Z125 owners who want to put different lights onto our bikes.

Let me start off by saying yes, load balancing resistors can and will be used but we don't care for them too much. They don't provide a clean easy-to-use solution, they have to be spliced in, and more importantly they can generate A LOT of heat. (Sometimes enough to melt thin plastic) We have found and produced a plug-and-play relay solution that can be installed in minutes. It's fully adjustable, will correct your front and rear signals, and can be used with the use of all LEDs, all stock bulbs, or a mixture of both. The only fine print we have for this unit is when using LEDs on both the front and rear signals, our relay will not allow the indicator light on the tach to light up. That is something we are working on and will hopefully find a solution for.

All of our items are in stock and ready to ship on a moments notice but this isn't a sales post by any means. Just wanted to shed a little light on an area a lot of people may be confused about and to clear up any misinformation being put out to the public. Buy from reputable dealers and make sure you fully understand what you're paying for. Full installation video of our LED Flasher Relay found below! Let me know if you guys have any questions and ride safe!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUiibwJinNMnr1WPGiuZawJw&v=jGmMdr01GCk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very handy knowledge guys - thanks for the heads up. It's very odd that the Z125 runs a different setup than most others but it looks like you are on the ball and bringing us a solution - keep it up! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I plan on changing turn signals to a slender LED. Just waiting for a fix on the flash indicator light on the dash first

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi there - Unfortunately we have not been able to make a market ready solution to the indicator light on the dash as this time.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi there - Unfortunately we have not been able to make a market ready solution to the indicator light on the dash as this time.
I'm running LEDs all the way around and even thought the dash indicator doesn't flash, the front flush mount turn signals are easily viewable while driving, in both daylight and night to be able to see if your signals still flashing. Hasn't been a issue for me so far.

·
Registered
20 Posts
bought motodynamic for the tail light and flash turn quickly
but, after change front turn signals to LED. problem clear. no other mods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts