Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a power commander on my bike and set the mapping on it through my computer. Ran it and it did good for a bit. Came to a stop and it bogs down when i try to take off. Won't go anywhere like maybe 3 MPH And check engine light came on. .....So thinking that I didn't install it right I took it off. I went for a ride for a good hour and got back in town. Stopped at a red light and same thing bogged down. Had to shut the bike off and wait a few mins then rode it home. I'm gonna bring it in to the shop, but that's next week! I want to ride!!!! :smile2: Any ideas?? on what I ****** up???

·
447 Posts
I installed a power commander on my bike and set the mapping on it through my computer. Ran it and it did good for a bit. Came to a stop and it bogs down when i try to take off. Won't go anywhere like maybe 3 MPH And check engine light came on. .....So thinking that I didn't install it right I took it off. I went for a ride for a good hour and got back in town. Stopped at a red light and same thing bogged down. Had to shut the bike off and wait a few mins then rode it home. I'm gonna bring it in to the shop, but that's next week! I want to ride!!!! :smile2: Any ideas?? on what I ****** up???

Can you clarify........ you removed the PCV and went out to ride and it did the same thing again ?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but once again this sounds like a fuel tank venting issue. If it happens again, open the fuel tank right away and see if it goes away. It should be instantaneous and there will probably be a big whoosh when you open the tank. If this happens, your gas tank vent is blocked.

·
447 Posts
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but once again this sounds like a fuel tank venting issue. If it happens again, open the fuel tank right away and see if it goes away. It should be instantaneous and there will probably be a big whoosh when you open the tank. If this happens, your gas tank vent is blocked.

That's what it sounds like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts