Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I'm in the opposite boat. I just picked up a little Z about a month ago and I'm sitting at 280 some miles. Lately I've been wondering if I should've just got a real bike. When I picked up the Z my thinking was if I'm forced to ride at slower speeds on slower roads that it would be somewhat safe. Well I keep having people "almost" pull out in front of me. I wear hi-vis yellow and I flash my brights but people still see me at the last second and slam on the brakes. One of these times they're not going to stop and I may or may not be able to avoid them. So I've been thinking I'd be better off out on the open road where there's less intersections, side streets, driveways, business entrances & exits, basically opportunities for people to pull out in front of me. But then I think if something did happen the results would be that much worse at higher speeds. I was tempted to trade it in on a MT-07 last weekend. I took one for a demo ride a couple years ago and I looked down and I was doing 80 and I wasn't even in 6th gear. It doesn't have the sock-n-awe power of a 1000 cc sport bike or even a 600 cc sport bike that's wound out. But it still has plenty of power to have fun with and it feels / handles so much lighter than the 4 cylinder bikes. I'll probably be parking the little Z for the winter soon, next spring will be decision time.
Interesting take that I don't disagree with at all! But personally, The R3 is all the bike I need. I'm not a speed demon and frankly, the R3 can be intimidating at times due to it's weight (especially vs. the featherweight Z125). I'm not a commuter or even a highway rider, so that's something to take into consideration. Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Therein lies my problem with bigger bikes. My VFR1200 just starts stretching it's legs at triple digit speeds. The summer before I got my mini, I was chasing a Z06 up some ABC roads in WI. On a few open stretches I was going a quite a bit more than double the speed limit... Exhilarating, but also could have gone tits up in a hurry. The Z is fun because I have to be creative to get where I want to go. Side roads, carrying corner speed, stoppies at every light, etc. On my big bikes, I get lazy and just hop on the freeway... then get pissed when I'm stuck in traffic.

I've been looking at downsizing a bit. Sell my VFR1200 and my SV650 track bike and pick up an FZ07 for track days and slogging around with my dad on day trips... but that's just me.
X2

That's half the fun of the little Z, figuring how to get to your destination staying on slower speed roads (residential, side streets, & service roads, etc.). And I agree on carrying corner speed, it seems odd but in some ways it almost takes more skill to ride the little Z versus a bigger bike where you can just use raw power to get up that hill or to quickly get back up to your cruising speed. If I do keep my Z I might pick up a set of dual sport tires and hit the gravel roads, not much traffic on those. I had dirt bikes into my 30s so I would be right at home. I have ridden some gravel with the stock tires but it's a little squirrely.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
X2

That's half the fun of the little Z, figuring how to get to your destination staying on slower speed roads (residential, side streets, & service roads, etc.). And I agree on carrying corner speed, it seems odd but in some ways it almost takes more skill to ride the little Z versus a bigger bike where you can just use raw power to get up that hill or to quickly get back up to speed to your cruising speed. If I do keep my Z I might pick up a set of dual sport tires and hit the gravel roads, not much traffic on those. I had dirt bikes into my 30s so I would be right at home. I have ridden some gravel with the stock tires but it's a little squirrely.
Dual Sport tires sound fun! Never thought about doing that, and there’s a ton of gravel roads out at my old man’s house. Sounds real nice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I do keep my Z I might pick up a set of dual sport tires and hit the gravel roads, not much traffic on those. I had dirt bikes into my 30s so I would be right at home. I have ridden some gravel with the stock tires but it's a little squirrely.
That's primarily how I use my bike. To make it more suited for that type of riding I've removed the belly pan to increase ground clearance and put on Kenda K761 tires (110/90-12 front, 120/70-12 rear). The K761s do make a big difference on gravel (and dirt) compared to the stock tires. Given my advancing age and slowing reaction time I rarely exceed 70 km/h (about 45 mph) on unpaved roads. That type of riding is great for fuel economy: I'm getting overall average of 2.6 l/100km (90 mpg US)

Ready to ride (side).JPG

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat here - I love the Z125. It has boosted my riding confidence in ways no other bike would have, but it has definite limitations.
Not being able to go on the highway is one limitation - but can actually be a nice feature - I hate freeways in general and now they're just not an option in my mind.
I still feel like after 2 seasons I still have a lot to learn about riding - and the Z is always eager to teach me without abusing me.

Now, my brother is sure he wants to upgrade to a Z400 or similar and if he does there's no way I'd be able to "keep up". Maybe I don't need to, because I only like riding sub 55mph on backroads anyways. Maybe him having to "keep up" with me would keep us both safer.
So, my upgrade path would include a versys 300... I found a 2017 basically new for $3500 - it's almost too good to pass up. But that bike is over 150 lb heavier (that's another me) and I'm pretty sure I haven't exhausted the learning potential on the z125. My z is hitch-mounted to a vintage motorhome as a deployable vehicle - it doesn't get much better than the z for a deployable run-about. 225 lb, 100mpg, small profile, easy to work on...

Tough decisions ahead for both of us... It was nice to hear yours and other poster's perspectives. I imagine I would miss it too if I "upgraded". I'll probably end up just throwing some Kenda tires like Jay here after my stock tires need to be replaced and keep the z until it's apparent it's no longer suitable for my needs. I don't want to go "off-road" necessarily - just fire roads, access paths, and gravel side-roads. That was the draw of the versys. Is the z with dualsport tires a decent candidate for these uses?

I think you should get another Z lol. Get that teal one, it's beautiful.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey Reishi, welcome to the forum!

The Z125 with 70/30 tires should be great on the unpaved roads and paths like you mention and riding these loose surfaces will grow your riding skills in ways that paved public riding simply can't.

I like the idea of a Versys 300, especially if you have access to a bunch of fireroads you want to explore. That said, if you are leaning that direction it's worth taking the 125 on these roads (even with the stock tires) to see if you even enjoy that type of riding.

You should also check out MSF intermediate courses near you. Everyone I've talked to (whether they've just started riding or have been riding for decades) has had great things to say and learned new skills.

Finally, don't buy a new bike just to keep up with your brother. If you are ready for the 300 there's nothing wrong with it, but if you still love the 125 there's no reason to leave it. You will be able to keep up with a Z400 in tight twisties and if he wants to ditch you on a series of fast sweepers? Let him! You will still be having fun while he's waiting around at the next fork in the road.

If that Versys is at a dealer definitely ask them for a test ride. You might love it immediately and your decision will be made!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Reishi, welcome to the forum!

The Z125 with 70/30 tires should be great on the unpaved roads and paths like you mention and riding these loose surfaces will grow your riding skills in ways that paved public riding simply can't.

I like the idea of a Versys 300, especially if you have access to a bunch of fireroads you want to explore. That said, if you are leaning that direction it's worth taking the 125 on these roads (even with the stock tires) to see if you even enjoy that type of riding.

You should also check out MSF intermediate courses near you. Everyone I've talked to (whether they've just started riding or have been riding for decades) has had great things to say and learned new skills.

Finally, don't buy a new bike just to keep up with your brother. If you are ready for the 300 there's nothing wrong with it, but if you still love the 125 there's no reason to leave it. You will be able to keep up with a Z400 in tight twisties and if he wants to ditch you on a series of fast sweepers? Let him! You will still be having fun while he's waiting around at the next fork in the road.

If that Versys is at a dealer definitely ask them for a test ride. You might love it immediately and your decision will be made!
Thanks for the reply, Ando!
Unfortunately Pennsylvania cancelled the MSF indefinitely after I registered for the intermediate course... Super bummer... Gutting all sorts of useful services here. I need to leave this awful state once my motorhome is worthy of distance.

I took the z125 up a gravel mountain pass, steep grade, tight switchbacks, with the stock tires - and nothing bad happened! It was uncomfortable on my stock tires with little tread left, but damn was I impressed 😎

A little more tread and I'd say that's my type of riding. It's not like I'm going over huge ruts or downed trees.

Like OP, I can't have 2 and would likely miss the z125. There will always be bikes for sale and I can't let a good deal or my fellow riders pressure me into making an unnecessary swap. Plus, buying and selling things is stressful. I know my current ride is well maintained because I bought it new, never dropped it, and did all maintenance by the book.

Basically, 2 bikes is better than 1. If I could get a bigger bike without getting rid of the z, I would. But I can't, so I won't, until it's apparent the z can't keep up with me.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sounds like a good plan and like you are ready for some dual sport tires like Jay's K761s. Have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Welcome Reishi! I absolutely love this forum, so many friendly, helpful people here! (Check my post history and you can see all the noob questions I’ve asked over the last year.)

I agree with Ando completely. Buy a new bike when and IF you’re ready for something bigger. I thought I was, so I ditched the Z and picked up the R3. I had always dreamed of having a sport bike and the R3 looks sharp as hell without being 1000cc. I figured it was the next logical step, but turns out I may have been wrong. To be honest I just straight up dont ride it as much as I did my Z. The weight is a BIG factor. While it’s lighter than bigger bikes, it’s still quite a bit heavier than the Z, which I was super comfortable with. Here’s a story...

I was out on my usual ride around the lake, and I decided to pull off into a little cul-de-sac to hop off and take a couple of photos and a quick video of my new exhaust. I slowed down to a crawl, and tried to hook a right so I could get out of the sun and get that perfect golden hour lighting. I guess I was going too slow and turned a little too hard and next thing you know the bike starts to fall over. I tried to catch myself but I didn’t want to get pinned under the bike, and a couple of seconds later I’m picking my brand new baby off the ground. I put down the kickstand, made sure the bike was balanced, and prepared myself to assess the damage. Luckily, it wasn’t too bad, seeing as I was only going 1-2 mph(!) I cracked my front right turn signal (just a small crack on the underside of the lens), slightly scratched a spot on my right fairing, scuffed up my brake lever and bar end, and scraped my frame slider a bit. Nothing too serious, and I’m glad I didn’t hurt myself, aside from my pride. I chilled out for a minute and made my way back home.

So, there’s that kind of embarrassing to admit but here we are. Truth be told, even though it happened at the lowest speed possible, it still kinda shook me, mainly because I had a tough time getting the bike back into the upright position. Maybe it was the state of panic? Maybe I’m just a wimp, but either way, I haven’t mustered the courage to get back on it and ride it outside of my immediate area.

So the question raises itself again.. If I’m not planning on commuting as well as avoiding highways altogether, is the R3 just too much for me, even thought it’s ‘only a 300’? I know I’d miss it once it’s gone.. But it would be nice to sell it and have the money for a new 125 and have some money readily available for immediate mods (aesthetic mostly, and an exhaust.) Tough call, but as I think about this, I keep circling around to the fact that the Z is the right bike for me.

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Have you ever been interested in racing or riding at the track? That R3 is the perfect bike to learn racing fundamentals and help quickly progress riding skills at the track. If you have ever considered doing a track day, DO IT!

When I first seen the little z125 in a magazine it was love at first sight and I knew I had to have one. The day I brought one home and rode it around I was honestly kind of let down with how slow it is (my little modded Honda crf 50 pit bike will DESTROY the Z in a drag race up to its top speed of 55mph) and how mushy the front forks felt. After a few days of riding the Z I was totally second guessing my purchase and considered selling it..

My neighbor heard me say I was considering selling it and offered to buy it. That same night I went on a short ride thinking this could be the last ride on the little Z and stumbled upon a Grom meet here in Houston at a Walmart parking lot. That short ride turned into almost 4 hours of the most fun I’ve had on ANY bike. In that 4 hours of parking lot cone racing, learning to try wheelies, off road bayou / night trail riding, and meeting new friends I realized how much I loved my Z125. Now It has over 4,000 miles and climbing :)

Neighbor and another friend ended up buying groms to join the fun. They both said they like the Z better than the grom after riding mine and wish they would have got a Z lol. They say the Z has a oil filter(grom doesn’t) better suspension, better looking headlight, better looking speedo/tach, more comfortable seat, better rims, better acceleration, less vibration, better oil pickup location( loooong wheelies kill stock grom engines so they need aftermarket oil pickup- stock Z’s can wheelie forever and not starve). I’m sure I’m forgetting some more..

Anyway, get or keep whatever puts more smiles per mile. (y)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Have you ever been interested in racing or riding at the track? That R3 is the perfect bike to learn racing fundamentals and help quickly progress riding skills at the track. If you have ever considered doing a track day, DO IT!

When I first seen the little z125 in a magazine it was love at first sight and I knew I had to have one. The day I brought one home and rode it around I was honestly kind of let down with how slow it is (my little modded Honda crf 50 pit bike will DESTROY the Z in a drag race up to its top speed of 55mph) and how mushy the front forks felt. After a few days of riding the Z I was totally second guessing my purchase and considered selling it..

My neighbor heard me say I was considering selling it and offered to buy it. That same night I went on a short ride thinking this could be the last ride on the little Z and stumbled upon a Grom meet here in Houston at a Walmart parking lot. That short ride turned into almost 4 hours of the most fun I’ve had on ANY bike. In that 4 hours of parking lot cone racing, learning to try wheelies, off road bayou / night trail riding, and meeting new friends I realized how much I loved my Z125. Now It has over 4,000 miles and climbing :)

Neighbor and another friend ended up buying groms to join the fun. They both said they like the Z better than the grom after riding mine and wish they would have got a Z lol. They say the Z has a oil filter(grom doesn’t) better suspension, better looking headlight, better looking speedo/tach, more comfortable seat, better rims, better acceleration, less vibration, better oil pickup location( loooong wheelies kill stock grom engines so they need aftermarket oil pickup- stock Z’s can wheelie forever and not starve). I’m sure I’m forgetting some more..

Anyway, get or keep whatever puts more smiles per mile. (y)
This is great advice along with a great story. You’re totally right. Thing is, part of me can’t justify having two bikes for a few reasons, mainly time. Money is only a partial issue. Either way, I’ll figure it out! Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Do you own more than one pair of shoes?

Different tools for different jobs.

Frankly I'm pretty gutted that I have to cut down to two bikes.
Fair point. Funny thing is, I got the R3 out last night for the first time in a week, and I IMMEDIATELY had 2nd thoughts. I’m so damned wishy washy, which leads be to believe that I should just keep it and consider a Z in the Spring. I mean, the R3 is paid for after all, and insurance isn’t too bad. Plus, it’s about to get cold and while I do gear up and ride a little in the winter, I’m no ice cold road warrior.

Thanks for the reply. 🙂

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same boat here - I love the Z125. It has boosted my riding confidence in ways no other bike would have, but it has definite limitations.
Not being able to go on the highway is one limitation - but can actually be a nice feature - I hate freeways in general and now they're just not an option in my mind.
I still feel like after 2 seasons I still have a lot to learn about riding - and the Z is always eager to teach me without abusing me.

Now, my brother is sure he wants to upgrade to a Z400 or similar and if he does there's no way I'd be able to "keep up". Maybe I don't need to, because I only like riding sub 55mph on backroads anyways. Maybe him having to "keep up" with me would keep us both safer.
So, my upgrade path would include a versys 300... I found a 2017 basically new for $3500 - it's almost too good to pass up. But that bike is over 150 lb heavier (that's another me) and I'm pretty sure I haven't exhausted the learning potential on the z125. My z is hitch-mounted to a vintage motorhome as a deployable vehicle - it doesn't get much better than the z for a deployable run-about. 225 lb, 100mpg, small profile, easy to work on...

Tough decisions ahead for both of us... It was nice to hear yours and other poster's perspectives. I imagine I would miss it too if I "upgraded". I'll probably end up just throwing some Kenda tires like Jay here after my stock tires need to be replaced and keep the z until it's apparent it's no longer suitable for my needs. I don't want to go "off-road" necessarily - just fire roads, access paths, and gravel side-roads. That was the draw of the versys. Is the z with dualsport tires a decent candidate for these uses?

I think you should get another Z lol. Get that teal one, it's beautiful.
Freeways may be boring but they’re about the safest place you could possibly ride next to a closed course. There’s zero intersections / opportunities for some car to pull out in front of you. Everything’s controlled by entrance & exit ramps. When I had my FZ1 (naked R1) freeways were the only place I felt safe. Well maybe out in the country but then you gotta worry about deer at dusk or farmer Bob pulling out of his field just over that blind hill or past that blind corner.

·
Registered
916 Posts
"Safe" is a relative term, but still a valid point.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
"Safe" is a relative term, but still a valid point.
True, and true, case in point:

I remember talking to my gal, pleading that “the R3 is a ‘safer’ bike! Bigger wheels, more ‘get out of the way’ power, steadier, heftier, more stable bike.“ And now I miss my lil Z. Oh how the turntables..

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Been giving it some thought, and I listed my R3, once I find a buyer I’d deposit the money, then come Spring I’ll more than likely pick up another Z125 and start the whole upgrade process all over again.

I took some good, thorough pics of my R3 and listed it locally on CL and FB Marketplace. Put it up at a fair, albeit a little high, price with a ‘OBO’ tag. I don’t want to just give it away. We’ll see how that goes! If you know someone looking for a 2020 R3, garage kept with just over 100 miles, and you’re located somewhere close to Oklahoma City, hit me up!
::shameless plug over::

Thanks for all of the friendly, constructive replies in this thread. I really appreciate the people in this forum!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Interesting how this thread and your decision unfolds.

I can't believe it has only been 2 years and some 7k miles later of Z125 ownership but I started getting doubts about the Z (before making the jump to something else) this year, which is the worst year financially to even consider wanting to add a second bike. For me personally, I found that I love to ride far and long distances out into the woods, back roads, etc. and the Z seemed like it would be perfect for this, but the getting there part isn't easy or as peaceful and relaxing as it should be, since to me, that's what riding a motorcycle is all about. The only escape I'm getting when doing long distance runs is fear and anxiety of not being ran over by some clown in a truck who thinks we're on a scooter that doesn't go faster than 35. Imagine that.

Even if you're in a 45MPH zone pushing 55 or 60, people seem to still feel the need to do 70+ and/or are intimidated by either being passed or lead by a tiny bike that their inferior complex kicks in and they absolutely must, they have to gun it past you doing almost double the speed limit while damn near killing you in the process with no regard for your life because of their "I'll be damned" attitude. I can't say I've had very many close calls as much as it's just been a lot (and I mean a lot) of rude, inconsiderate asshole drivers noticing me and then suddenly punching it despite already doing well above the speed limit, as if by doing so they can prove their car is more powerful than my tiny bike. I've never been into the bigger bike mindset or mentality but after a zillion hours of researching and then even more on the particular step up, the Duke 390 is where I'm still sold at now. This is coming from someone who doesn't care for the color orange, at all... but somehow I've grown to like the different styling and figure if I really wanted to, could always customize the color, etc. the same way I've done to a small extent on the Z.

With that said, I don't have any intent or plan of ever selling the Z, mainly because I'm not one to take a huge loss for something I've loved, I'd rather just keep it and use it a few times a year than lose $2k because of how cheap these bikes are to buy anyways (and how much money I've got into it doing the little mods that add up substantially over the course of 2 short years).

Anyways, I feel if I had the Duke (that can not only do 0-60 in under 6 seconds) but also has a top speed of 104 (which I would never dare to try and reach), it's certainly fast enough to rocket your way ahead and out of the way since most shitboxes around the area that manage to blow past the Z aren't capable of those numbers (combined with the limiltless top speed factor) if I need to do 70 in a 45 as well just to keep up and get away, I can. I was trying to figure out why you were actually so set on selling your R3 but after re-reading found the story of it falling over at lower speeds. I suppose that's a valid concern but I think it's a learning lesson for sure. Though if you're not riding the R3, guess it makes sense to get rid of it, otherwise I would just keep it and get the baby Z again and have the best of both worlds. The R3 actually seems quite close to that of the 390 specs, I think the design had put me off because it appears bigger but you forced me to compare them and it actually seems like the Duke is ever so slightly wider and a hair shorter.

That blue Z looks amazing though and if I were in the market for another (or first time) Z, that blue would be at the top of my list! =)

Good luck with however it all works out, it sounds like you're getting another Z one way or another!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Interesting how this thread and your decision unfolds.

I can't believe it has only been 2 years and some 7k miles later of Z125 ownership but I started getting doubts about the Z (before making the jump to something else) this year, which is the worst year financially to even consider wanting to add a second bike. For me personally, I found that I love to ride far and long distances out into the woods, back roads, etc. and the Z seemed like it would be perfect for this, but the getting there part isn't easy or as peaceful and relaxing as it should be, since to me, that's what riding a motorcycle is all about. The only escape I'm getting when doing long distance runs is fear and anxiety of not being ran over by some clown in a truck who thinks we're on a scooter that doesn't go faster than 35. Imagine that.

Even if you're in a 45MPH zone pushing 55 or 60, people seem to still feel the need to do 70+ and/or are intimidated by either being passed or lead by a tiny bike that their inferior complex kicks in and they absolutely must, they have to gun it past you doing almost double the speed limit while damn near killing you in the process with no regard for your life because of their "I'll be damned" attitude. I can't say I've had very many close calls as much as it's just been a lot (and I mean a lot) of rude, inconsiderate asshole drivers noticing me and then suddenly punching it despite already doing well above the speed limit, as if by doing so they can prove their car is more powerful than my tiny bike. I've never been into the bigger bike mindset or mentality but after a zillion hours of researching and then even more on the particular step up, the Duke 390 is where I'm still sold at now. This is coming from someone who doesn't care for the color orange, at all... but somehow I've grown to like the different styling and figure if I really wanted to, could always customize the color, etc. the same way I've done to a small extent on the Z.

With that said, I don't have any intent or plan of ever selling the Z, mainly because I'm not one to take a huge loss for something I've loved, I'd rather just keep it and use it a few times a year than lose $2k because of how cheap these bikes are to buy anyways (and how much money I've got into it doing the little mods that add up substantially over the course of 2 short years).

Anyways, I feel if I had the Duke (that can not only do 0-60 in under 6 seconds) but also has a top speed of 104 (which I would never dare to try and reach), it's certainly fast enough to rocket your way ahead and out of the way since most shitboxes around the area that manage to blow past the Z aren't capable of those numbers (combined with the limiltless top speed factor) if I need to do 70 in a 45 as well just to keep up and get away, I can. I was trying to figure out why you were actually so set on selling your R3 but after re-reading found the story of it falling over at lower speeds. I suppose that's a valid concern but I think it's a learning lesson for sure. Though if you're not riding the R3, guess it makes sense to get rid of it, otherwise I would just keep it and get the baby Z again and have the best of both worlds. The R3 actually seems quite close to that of the 390 specs, I think the design had put me off because it appears bigger but you forced me to compare them and it actually seems like the Duke is ever so slightly wider and a hair shorter.

That blue Z looks amazing though and if I were in the market for another (or first time) Z, that blue would be at the top of my list! =)

Good luck with however it all works out, it sounds like you're getting another Z one way or another!
Thanks for the thoughtful reply! I have thought about all of the things you have mentioned above.

The thing is.. I don't have to sell the R3, it's paid off, parked in a garage, and probably going to be winterized soon (Oklahoma winters + cold and icy). I've just always been a 'flipper' when it comes to hobbies and if I don't use something (or want something else) I usually don't have a problem getting rid of it. I'm a guitarist, and I've probably been through 100+ guitars in 15 years. I'll buy one, fix it up, play it for a bit, and when something new shines in the distance, I'll sell a few things and help fund it. It's a vicious cycle, but it's me. I'm ok with that! I did indeed list the R3, but I listed it a little on the higher side to keep away the tire kickers and also to give me a little time to make sure that I want to sell it.

The Duke looks awesome, and TBH I looked into it pretty intensely before I went with the R3. In the end, I just liked the look of the R3 and most of the videos gave the R3 great reviews, especially when stepping up from a 125. I don't regret it, and either way it has all been a learning experience.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
916 Posts
This is coming from someone who doesn't care for the color orange, at all... but somehow I've grown to like the different styling and figure if I really wanted to, could always customize the color
Do it!

Though, I would be careful about upgrading to a more powerful bike as a perceived safety measure. I appreciate the ability to put idiots in my mirrors, that's something that took some getting used to with the 125s, you need more patience.

If you want a more powerful bike and being able to ditch people who have deep scooter issues is a nice benefit, go for it. But there's not going to be any less idiots on the road just because your speedo goes to triple digits.

Sounds like you've got some extra special assholes on your local roads, I've never had anything like that happen to me on the minibikes.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts