Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
KRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
New to this forum, hope to find some good info here!
I'm an American living in Japan, just got a used KRT this past summer. What a blast! I've had 4 Kawis in my life - but this is the first green one. Finally.
I live basically in Akashi (although Kobe address...) - where Kawasaki itself has been located forever... Haven't been to their "museum" yet, but plan to ride over there one day. In this area, point A to point B, nothing is quicker than this little bike! (Forget about your sportbikes, or even the many 250s over here... ;-) And for sure, anything with 4 wheels.
Well, as they say over here, "Hajimemashite, yoroshiku onegaishimasu"...
Looking forward to learning more about this great little bike...!

·
Super Moderator
1,875 Posts
Welcome Kenny, Looking forward to Pic's of your KRT with Japan background shots :cool:
In this area, point A to point B, nothing is as Fun as this little bike!

What you cant find just ask. Lots of knowledgeable members here for just about every category that have been there, bought that, modified that, rode that, broke that ;)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome to the forums and definitely looking forward to some pics of the bike in Japan.

·
Super Moderator
291 Posts
こにちわ
こちらこそ よろしく

I am so jealous right now. Japan is my favorite country to visit (plus they make the best motorcycles). My wife, rugrat, and I were supposed to visit again spring of 2021 (for 3 months this time) but I doubt that's going to work out even though it hasn't been officially cancelled.

Never been to the southern prefectures but definitely looking forward to it one day. Please post pictures of the Kawi museum if/when you go. It's cool that you're so close to Kobe but it reminded me of seeing Osaka one day. Kind of the Japanese equivelant of a blue collar, hard working, industrial city from what I understand. My kind of place.

Riding there is nuts isn't it? Hard to find a straight road and the speed limits are laughable. Pretty sure I can pedal faster. No photo radar is great and having traffic police drive around with their overhead lights on all the time makes them easy to spot. Not sure what that's all about.

If you go to any of the local shops please post pics. To me they're just super cool in every way. I've been to a few bike shops throghout Hokaido with the majority in Sapporo and Obihiro. I've always been impressed with the meticulous condition the used bikes tend to be in and the absolute spotless details of the showrooms. By all means check out the smaller "mom and pop" shops, but the "Kawasaki Plaza" is where it's at. Looks like you have one in Akashi (カワサキプラザ明石) as well.

じゃあね

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hello and welcome. I agree that the Z125 is a very good "city bike" and since you are located in one of the more congested traffic corridors from Osaka southward, I think you made a wise choice. I see quite a few Z125s & MSX125s when I'm there and they make great time passing all the cars stuck in traffic. And it's much more fun than taking the train.

If you find yourself down in the Kobe Harborland area with some extra time, then you should check out the Kawasaki Good Times World "museum". It's not very big or impressive but there are some interesting things inside.

じゃあまたね!

·
Registered
KRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been on my bike this week and neglecting to post - thank you all for the great welcome! I had trouble trying to upload photos from my smartphone - will give it another try when I get on a PC...
I take a ferry boat to Awaji Island, and I made it a point to try to take more photos for this forum, last Monday.
I also just received my Kitaco hi-comp piston/hi-lift cam kit - but I'm a little scared to install it! I'll have to start another thread to learn more about ECU/fuel controller stuff...

Looking forward to learning and sharing with all of you!

·
Registered
KRT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PS - your Nihongo is about like mine, K-Brad! But I think that should be "こんにちは!”
Your right about law enforcement here - they're not so adept at actually enforcing much... ;-) (Not that I'm out there to hurt anyone, including myself...)
I learned from years of げんつき (50cc scooter) Hell that this bike would be the way to go - but I didn't know it'd be THIS MUCH FUN!

And, yeah, Lobot - Harborland is within riding distance for me (and I really like Sannnomiya... ;-), thanks for clueing me in, didn't know there was a museum out there...

I'm still unsure how/where to post photos, Kawee - but I'm taking some time today to browse the site, learn about that stuff and more...!
Thank you all, again -

1 - 11 of 11 Posts