Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....but I can't stop, it's just too fun. Lol. Yeah I've put a ton of stupid crap on it that's a littler overpriced and most definitely not needed. But this is the first bike I've ever truely built on my own and learned the mechanics side of things after 11 years selling parts in the motorcycle industry and racing off-road for several years.

I can't seem to stop touching this thing and making changes. Who thought a bike this little could be so much fun. But anyway, here she is in the most recent state along with a full list of mods and accessories.

Started as a candy green model.

-TBparts 143 cylinder kit
-TBparts V2 big valve race head
-TBparts intake manifold
-TBparts HD clutch kit
-TBparts lightened primary gear
-JC racing lightened flywheel
-Takegawa super oil pump
-Nology ignition coil and hotwire
-MNNTHX intake
-Bazzaz Z-FI and AFM
-Galfer front and rear SS brake lines
-Galfer front and rear wave rotors
-Brembo P34 front caliper w/ Tyga mount
-Ohlins fork kit and complete rear shock
-Pro Circuit T-6 exhaust
-Bikemaster upgraded Lithium Ion BTZ5S battery
-Driven Racing TT rearsets
-Yoshimura rear brake clevis
-Competition Werkes black gp style passenger pegs
-Pirahna frame sliders
-TBOLTUSA red oil filler cap w/temp gauge
-Driven Racing black tappet covers
-OTB transparent cam cover
-Bikemaster black steel rear sprocket
-Driven Racing red sprocket nuts
-JT front sprocket
-Pro Taper gold 420 mx chain
-Driven Racing black universal toe gaurd
-DMP dark smoke integrated taillight
-New Rage Cycles lisence bracket w/LED light
-Driven Racing black side timing plug
-Driven Racing black front sprocket cover
-braided crank vent line ran into a Krank Vent Plus unit, which then runs to a UNI push in filter mounted at the neck of the frame
-Hardline wireless hour meter
-Trailtech CHT gauge panel mounted on the tank cover
-Driven Racing Halo gas cap
-Side cowlings, headlight cowl and front fender from metallic black 2018 LE model
-rear green side plastics from 2018 krt edition
-carbon wrapped center tank cover
-custom made undertail closeout
-D'COR Visuals 2018 MEK graphics kit
-powdercoated shocker yellow rims and rear spring
-Nekken green mini high oversized bars
-pro Taper oversized bar adapters
-Outlaw Racing brake rotator clamp w/g2 ergo spacer
-Driven Racing grips
-Renthal black bar ends
-CRG RC2 black adjustable shorty levers
-Works Connection polished front master cylinder cover
-PSR clutch cable adjuster
-PSR magnetic drain plug
-Zeta red fork stem nut
-Stomp Grip traction pads
-Stainless Steel oil filter
-klx110l clutch cable to get rid of the metal bends in the stock cable
- Headwinds LED headlight bulb
-PIAA LED running light bulb
-K&S smoked front flushmount turn signals w/flasher relay
-JetLogic aluminum one way valve in the vent hose
-custom painted Bronze crankcase covers
-ZZ custom axle sliders on in the pics, but my black Driven Racing Endurance Cups are about to get put back on there
-misc dress up hardwade
-custom made thumb idle adjuster screw

Still in the works to be done before spring is the stroker crank, Throttle body mods, and lastly a true professional tune on a Dyno.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No carbon wheels for me. I would love them, but I'm not set up with them as a dealer and I can't afford to pay retail for them. They are badass though! Considering doing the Grom wheels swap just so I have some other options for wheels though. But I just did the powder coating and rotors, so I don't want to switch immediatly. Lol I gotta recoup some of my money first!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Beautiful build. You better keep it for a good long time to get your money's worth of enjoyment out of it. I can understand how easy it is to dump money into a bike. My old ninja 300 race bike ended up costing me $10K. And I lost more than half of that when I sold it. Every bike after that I'm pulling in the reins on spending.

A cool mod for your bike would be a map switch and adding a 2nd tune for MR12 race gas when you get it on the dyno.

Edit: wait, that's not going to work with the Bazzaz, it has no ignition timing. I did a MR12 2nd tune on my 300. But I had a PCV which allowed for ignition timing changes.

Regarding performance, carbon wheels are generally wasted money on these little bikes. The small wheels already have low unsprung weight, and with superlight wheels the bike loses some of it's gyroscopic stability. Then it's a little too flicky and skittish, moreso at the higher speeds a BBK allows. Carbon wheels sure look cool though - the ultimate bling piece.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Learn something new everyday!
Thats a very good point about wheels losing some of its gyro precision. I have no plans on getting cf wheels just because of the price. I wonder if they might still be beneficial to super good rider that is competing at a track though.
Neat stuff!

·
Registered
562 Posts
Carbon wheels may have a good benefit at slower speed kart tracks that are seriously bumpy. Might help to keep those tires planted rather than bouncing around.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I feel your pain. I went though this on my ZRX. Dumped what I call Harley money into it. I won't recoup a third of what I spent unless I part it and then maybe half. But I still love it. lol....

I am trying HARD to leave this thing relatively stock. I am having a hard time with that. lol...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I feel your pain. I went though this on my ZRX. Dumped what I call Harley money into it. I won't recoup a third of what I spent unless I part it and then maybe half. But I still love it. lol....

I am trying HARD to leave this thing relatively stock. I am having a hard time with that. lol...
Me too, on both accounts. I have already ordered parts for the Z125 and the bloody thing is not even in my garage yet, I blame @Greedy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also have the Pro Circuit T6 exhaust, will be fitted for me when I pick up the bike. Just trying to resist the Ohlins, I had Ohlins front and rear on my ZRX and it was awesome, I imagine the Z125 would be the same.

Out of all the mods you did Bryan, what ones gave the most benefit do you think?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Love the build out. I see some things on that list I hand’t Thought of (dammit). The Galfer lines, rotors, Brembo caliber, etc. I’m struggling with $1000 for a full Ohlins setup but we will see how it does at the track that might get the nod. Your right its WAY to much fun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts