Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 155cc bbk from MNNTHBX. I was nervous cuz Ive never gotten this far into an engine but tried anyways. Got it all together and my bike wont start. I thought it was timing but i checked and attached pics. The video shows what it does when its trying to start.....never mind wont let me post a video. It also won’t display what gear im in anymore so maybe I messed up the gears??? Idk any help is appreciated let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
818 Posts
Does it try to fire? What fuel controller do you have? Mine would not run until I got my fuel base sorted out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It will hesitate then turn over one time and repeat that until i stop trying. I have a bazzaz and I already uploaded the map i got from mnnthbx

·
Registered
818 Posts
What battery? Stock battery struggles with the added compression. I don't have a stroker crank, but I DO have a high compression <cough>forged</cough> piston and the AntiGravity ATZ-7-RS turns the bike over like stock bore now (link).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about my gauge no longer reading the gears? The battery wouldn’t have to do with that

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'd check the connector for the gear indicator. It could have a bad connection. I doubt the two are related (unless you have an electrical issue). If the bike is in neutral, it should fire right up. If the bike is slow to turn over, it probably won't start. If it tries to turn over and goes click click click, the battery doesn't have enough CCA.

·
Super Moderator
307 Posts
What about my gauge no longer reading the gears? The battery wouldn’t have to do with that
Gear position indicator is kind of a secondary function and a weak battery can have all kinds of weird spinoff electrical gremlins. However, I think in this case you're right and the battery has nothing to do with it.

You need to check all your connections again. Don't just look at them and be like "yup, looks connected". Take them apart one by one and check for bent pins, make sure they're snug, put some dielectric grease in there, etc.

I'm guessing you just missed a connector somewhere and if the gear position sensor isn't functioning properly the ECU automatically defaults to assuming it's in gear. Without pulling in the clutch and flipping up the kickstand the starter won't engage.

Best and easiest way to test for a bad battery? Hook up a car battery with booster cables and try it. If that solves your problems then you just found your problem.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'd advise against jumper cables... I tried this when I thought my battery wouldn't quite cut it... The batteries here are small... I heard a snap and everything when dead on the bike... Lucked out and everything worked again after cycling the key, but I won't be doing that again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts