Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't read a whole bunch on the grom forums, and I'm not the lightest guy. But I was riding my Z for the first time today and I couldn't get the left turn signal to recognize me in the turn lane, and yes I moved back and forth to find the sensors and went to a few different lights. But just a wierd quirk about such a light bike. Wondered if anyone else had this problem.

But ****.... This thing is fun!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Maybe it's that turn light? Some traffic lights may operate on timers or you weren't close enough to the white line in the front?

·
Registered
143 Posts
It has to do with the amount of metal over the sensor. Most bikes, not just the mini-bikes, won't activate the sensors. It's annoying. Sometimes I have to wait for a car to pull up behind me, ensuring I'm far enough forward so they'll trip the sensor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
This often works to fix this issue...Neodymium Magnets

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you combine that with a traffic signal preemption device you should be clearing most lights out there, although the former may be illegal but hard to detect, as long as you go for a stealth mount.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Move to Illinois :wink2:

Special Rules for Motorcycles and Bikes

As of January 12, 2012, motorcyclists and bicyclists in Illinois (excluding Chicago) may run red lights legally. Under this new law, if a traffic light fails to turn green in a “reasonable period of time,” riders are now permitted to proceed through the intersection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Indiana just recently passed a law for motorcycles and scooter. If sitting at a light for 2 minutes or 2 cycles and the light doesnt trip, I can legally run the red light. I havent been in a situation to use it yet but knowing its legal helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Haha for all the replies I would think this issue would be more talked about.

But I like the magnet idea..... Where do you suppose someone could buy those locally?

·
Registered
466 Posts
Never heard of the magnet trick but worth a try. Better than getting off your bike to push the pedestrian crossing button just to change it. Will the magnet do anything to the bike itself?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Never heard of the magnet trick but worth a try. Better than getting off your bike to push the pedestrian crossing button just to change it. Will the magnet do anything to the bike itself?
No effects to bike or electronics when down that low on the frame....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts