Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with everything going on in the world, it looks like I'm not going to Florida any time soon where my Z125 Pro is sleeping comfortably.

But weather warming up here in NJ, so I made a move but I did not feel like doing the same bike twice, so here she is:

2020 Honda Monkey ABS. I still love my Z, don't judge me !!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think these definitely look better than the grom! There's a YouTube video of 2 guys who drove them across Baja California. It was pretty awesome. I think the z wins at the top with the monkey second and grom in last of the three for looks

·
Registered
277 Posts
Ever since I got my Z years ago a buddy of mine has been talking about getting a Monkey and I was hoping he actually would since his current bike is having problem after problem preventing him from riding. I'm like dude, just get the **** monkey already! It's nice that it still fits in with the group for sure, seat looks super comfy!

·
Registered
915 Posts
Heck yeah man, congrats!

I was sitting on one a few weeks back and I wish the Z had a seat that comfy. I dig the old school look too, the old Honda Wing badges and pretty dang nice paint.

Just lie to us and tell us the Z is faster. ;]

·
Registered
574 Posts
You're excused. Because it reminds me of the old 1976 Rupp Scrambler I had when I was 10. :D

How's the lean angle on that thing? It's always been horrible on the Groms.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, thanks for the kind words guys.
I'll give you guys the skinny:
Yes, the seat is extremely comfortable. It is huge where the Z is so narrow, and it is soft and plush where the Z is very firm. The seating position is more cruiser style, whereas the Z seats you more in an "attack" formation.
The suspension of the Z is better. It is firmer and sportier, while still being comfortable on the bumps. The Monkey is very softly sprung which is great for the pothole-ridden roads of NJ.

Lean angle is actually very decent. I think the Z is better in lean angle but haven't pushed this bike too much yet.

The Monkey is just a fantastic cruiser, very easy and natural to ride, really enjoying it.

Btw, I'm not oblivious to what's going on. I got hit with the COVID earlier last month and it hit me really hard because I'm only 35 years old male, extremely active, but I have asthma and it wrecked me for almost two weeks straight. But now I am recovered and I am just trying to enjoy life and my immunity (for now) to Coronavirus.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Well congratulations on your acquired immunity then! That immunity is something priceless to have these days.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh sorry I forgot.

I would say the low end torque is definitely stronger on the Monkey than the Z.
I am positive the initial take-off for the Monkey is easier and I have good clutch work.
The Z motor likes revs and has a good mid-range power delivery, but so does the Monkey.
I cannot comment on either bike's high end power because the Z only has 350 miles on it and I refuse to go past 6K rpm or do full throttle until I hit 600 miles.
And Obviously the Monkey is still brand new, only 35 miles. The weather hasn't been that good in NJ yet and I am still hesitant to ride too much while people are fighting for their lives.

·
Registered
286 Posts
babying that engine? My z125 motor has lived its whole life on the track so its lived most of its life on the higher rpm side... :D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Btw, I'm not oblivious to what's going on. I got hit with the COVID earlier last month and it hit me really hard because I'm only 35 years old male, extremely active, but I have asthma and it wrecked me for almost two weeks straight. But now I am recovered and I am just trying to enjoy life and my immunity (for now) to Coronavirus.
MrElusive, If you are a certified Covid-19 survivor, please consider donating plasma to the Red Cross. It's called the Convalescent Plasma Program, and your plasma now has antibodies that might be able to save someone on the edge of their life. It's a brand new program.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MrElusive, If you are a certified Covid-19 survivor, please consider donating plasma to the Red Cross. It's called the Convalescent Plasma Program, and your plasma now has antibodies that might be able to save someone on the edge of their life. It's a brand new program.
Working on it now. Consider it done.

·
Registered
2017 z125 pro
53 Posts
Lol, thanks for the kind words guys.
I'll give you guys the skinny:
Yes, the seat is extremely comfortable. It is huge where the Z is so narrow, and it is soft and plush where the Z is very firm. The seating position is more cruiser style, whereas the Z seats you more in an "attack" formation.
The suspension of the Z is better. It is firmer and sportier, while still being comfortable on the bumps. The Monkey is very softly sprung which is great for the pothole-ridden roads of NJ.

Lean angle is actually very decent. I think the Z is better in lean angle but haven't pushed this bike too much yet.

The Monkey is just a fantastic cruiser, very easy and natural to ride, really enjoying it.

just for the record- getting covid19 does not make you completely immune to it and it is possible to be contracted more than one time. There have been several confirmed cases of contracting covid for a 2nd time between 5 months - to a year after the first infection here in the USA. There are actually case studies on some Patients in China who are believed to have contracted the Corona viruses 3 separate times. I say viruses / plural because it is believed it can mutate enough from host to host to become slightly different and potentially re infect a host.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts