Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hows it going I am wondering I am going on a family vacation and I cant ride the Z down lol so I was wondering if anyone has tried the dirt bike racks for your hitch or what you guys you

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have one, I had to remove a few planks to make it sit right, only complaint is the one I have clamps the wheel and scratches the lip a little

·
Super Moderator
1,798 Posts
I use a heavy duty one because of my other bike
but The lighter ones are plenty good for the 225lbs Z' provide you have the right vehicle and hitch.

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
For using hitch mounted carriers, just be careful with tongue weight. In general you need a full size truck and anything smaller is likely not enough. See my discussion about it in this thread.

I use a small trailer that I built with a Northern Tool 40 x 48" kit as a base. If anyone is interested in a build thread on that, I'll post up. It came out really nice and was pretty cheap. It's small enough that I can lean it up aginst the back of my garage.

·
Registered
769 Posts
If anyone is interested in a build thread on that, I'll post up.
I'm always interested in a good build thread. However, when I started doing track days, I bought myself an aluminium trailer that's perfect for hauling all my track crap + the mini.

This trailer was perfect for hauing around a single bike (big or mini). Old school 3x8 snowmobile trailer...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts