Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike attracts more dirt than any vehicle I've ever owned are you hand washing it like a new born or with brush and hose then lube chain and cables

·
Registered
207 Posts
Quick detailer or waterless wash from chemical guys. When I first got it I did a full detail from top to bottom with chemical guys citrus wash in a foam cannon. Then using the of clay bar I went over all the painted surfaces as well as the headlight to remove any contaminates. Followed that whole process up with a Quartz ceramic coating and chemical guys butter wet wax. I do all the black plastic trim using chemical guys natural shine dressing. I guess one could say that I take detailing pretty serious and besides who enjoys riding a dirty bike?

·
Registered
347 Posts
none of my bikes ever see water unless I get in the rain
no reason to force water where it doesn't belong, let it steam away and stain things

I use a silicone spray sold for motorcycles

now the spray will attract dust, but it all wipes off clean
make the hoses look new, black plastics look new never had plastics fade either

for the rear wheel because of the chain lube I may clean it with a rag sprayed in some sort of auto detailer spray
it seems to rub away the lube nicely on the wheel

Ive never had a street bike, not ridden in the rain ever get dirty enough to require water washing
they are small enough you can wipe down dry in 5 min

always keep silicon protection on it and cleans up super fast

yesterday someone mentioned I must never ride it because its so clean, I said the week before I was on a 8hr ride and have not cleaned it yet

·
Registered
440 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts