Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't even know if it was on when I started riding yesterday. Highbeam dash light shows with the other lights when I start the bike. I flick the high beam switch on and no beam no blue light. I swooped the 10 amp fues with the Sapir n nothing. Bulb isn't cracked... ??? The **** :(. Anyone?? City light seems dimmer then ever as well

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( taking head light assembly off is a hassle for me. **** brake cable is directly in front of the screw.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Unlug the bulb
Remove the rubber shroud there pictured.
Underneath there is a spring bar.
push the spring bar down and to the side and then it comes up.
Done

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The three wires

Unlug the bulb
Remove the rubber shroud there pictured.
Underneath there is a spring bar.
push the spring bar down and to the side and then it comes up.
Done

I got the plastic lip up. Do i just pull the wires straight up?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got the plastic lip up. Do i just pull the wires straight up?
Grab the plastic where the wires are and wiggle it back and forth. The bulb is "spring mounted" and if you pull then you will be pulling the bulb. Once unplugged remove the rubber surround then there is a spring clip holding bulb in to housing.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So after money spent on new battery turns out most likely my charging system is down. Dropped off at shop today. Maybe high beams weren't turning on because volts wasn't highly enough..?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
By the way I got the high beam out thanks for your help. Of course after I removed the build I found the exploded view in the manual...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well I'm having the same problem, but it's my lowbeam that won't turn on... I tried installing a 65watt led headlight... It wouldn't turn on... A friend is using the same bulb in his bike with no problems... Could I have fried the relay?... If so... Can I just go buy a relay from my local part store?... Or do I have to get one from kawasaki?... Should I buy a new bulb and Check that first?

·
Super Moderator
1,849 Posts
You buy the hole headlight or just a H4 led bulb .. I dont think its a 65 watt . Was it a set of two bulbs ?

what kind got pic ?

(I tried installing a 65watt led headlight.) It Wasn't a simple put new bulb in thing ?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just the bulb... They came in a pack of 2...they were from Amazon, some Chinese brand..... They don't say anything on the bulb.... I can post a pic in a few hours, at work right now....... I don't care if the bulb doesn't work... It was free... I just want my headlight to work...I put the original bulb back in and All I got is the high beam and that Lil tiny accessory bulb workin... No low beam anymore

·
Super Moderator
1,849 Posts
If you have or can borrow a know good bulb then just try it

Or

If high beam works you got power and good ground running to main connector . Check the Redwire/yellowstripe on main connector plug for good connection (low beam) and check for power with test light or Ohms meter if you have one. If you have power at the Redwire/yellowstripe all system and wiring is good . The Try new bulb
If no power there we will then check inside turn housing

Redwire/Blackstripe is high beam / should show power when switch to high beam
Black/yellowstripe is ground

Not great at wiring but I'd try this / anyone else with suggestions please chime in

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts