Kawasaki Z125 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone else experienced high crank case pressure? Even before any mods inside the airbox was an excessive amount of oil from crank case pressure relief hose. I took the airbox out and replaced with intake. I moved the hose routing it up to the ignition key area under the plastic, forward of gas tank. I also put an air filter on it as to not suck in debris to the case. I am getting oil seepage coming out of it. I plan on getting a larger diameter hose to add some extra volumetric area, so the oil will hopefully have more space before hose termination. I am planning on running hose up to current point and back down, then up again to the other side of tank to try and create a p-trap of sorts.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
347 Posts
mine is moved behind the fuel tank, into the seat area
but its too hard to see any oil on the filter
I did try to check the other day

I felt nothing
and see nothing dripping into the area its in

maybe you have too much oil in the engine

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
That was my first thought.
I could understand that notion but how hard is it on this thing. I attached the capture from the service manual on oil capacity.

I did have a dream last night about taking out the charcoal filter and replacing with a top vented catch can. Running a split from engine crankcase vent tube catch can, top side with a half wall for oil spurt to hit and fall, and the second hose to bottom side of catch can. Then running a check valves in each line. Align the check valves to allow pressurized oil to run to catch can in one line and then when pressure falls the opposite check valve would open and oil would run back into engine vent hole.

What do you guys think? Solid dream huh?

I would just have to run check valve on vacuum sensor between the intake and charcoal canister to avoid throwing a check engine light.

I think it might be doable. Just need to find some type of canister that i can vent and will mount up where old charcoal canister was.

What you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
Blowing oil out the breather hose is not normal on these bikes. If you are sure the oil is not overfilled then the rings may not have seated properly or something else isn't correct. Depending on your riding style, the rings should have seated by 500 miles. How many miles do you have on it now? Did you ride it normally, aggressively or did you baby it during the break-in? A catch can shouldn't be needed on a little engine like this so I suggest you find the reason it's blowing oil, instead. Otherwise, follow your dreams...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Lol otherwise follow your dreams. I also don't think a catch can should be on one of these little 125s, seems extremely unnecessary. Drain the oil, fill it with the appropriate amount, and see if it continues... clean it up first of course

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
New plan, think high crank case pressure is coming from blow by. Pulling top end off this weekend for inspection. Luckily I have a new top end sitting on my bench. You should see the smoke coming out of my crank case breather hose.

As for the previous question during break-in I use this method: Motorcycle Extremist - Motorcycle Engine "Break-in" the Right Way!

The only think I really do different is switch to Syn oil @ 1k.

Then I ride the **** out of the bike. Its better to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts